1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdmi problem

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by love_hand, May 15, 2007.

1. love_hand

love_hand Guest

hi there, really need some help. i've been playing my ps3 through hi-def since i got it back in march, then when i tried to play it yesterday there was no picture or sound? the screen was completely black.
    i then restore it to original picture (through scart) and it says that a hdmi cable is detected but when i change it, the picture is still black. i've done this about 5 or 6 times but the hd channel still isn't showing anything.
    any advice would be greatly appreciated. oh and my television is a phillips lcd if that helps

2. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Try another HDMI source on the TV such as a up converting DVD player. You can also try disabling the 720p, 1080i and 1080p in the video settings on the PS3, if that works turn them on one at a time starting with the 1080i and see if that fixes the problem. Check the settings on the TV and see if there is a HD restriction setting. If there is still no video and the other HDMI source is working then you may have a bad cable or worse!