1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI problems

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Domreis, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I have my PS3 connected to my InFocus Projector which is Native 1080P and somethimes the screen flickers horribly! This has happened to me about 3 times now! What is wrong, has anyone else had this problem!

2. error5

error5 Regular member

What's the model of your Infocus projector that's 1080p native? I've been going through the InFocus website and all the current home theater models they have are 720p or less.

http://www.infocus.com/SubSegments/Home Theater.aspx

The most expensive models are the IN78, SP777 and SP7210 - all 1280x720 native.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Aww sorry it is native 720P, I always get my Sony SXRD projector wich is in the living room mixed up with my IN76! I am haveing the problem on my IN76! I haven't been able to see a diference between the Sony SXDR and the Infocus In76! The IN72 is also a great picture! When I put them side by side there is only a small difference! If you are looking for a good projector with a good price tag, I can't see a differce between any of them! One was $5000, $2000, and $800! With the sony there is a huge difference if you are viewing in a very bright area, outher than that there isn't any difference that I can see!

4. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

when i first got my hdmi cable i was kinda stuck too. but wat i did is i have the regular component cables the ps3 came with hooked up normally to the tv. also have the hdmi cables connected to the tv too. then go to the display settings and select hdmi. your screen should go blank or sumthing. so while that happens, on your tv or projector change the input so that the tv can be the hdmi "mode". you should see the screen now and select yes to keep your hd settings. well thats how i did it. give it a shot.

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Yea, I have it setup, the screen just frezzes and flickers!