1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hdmi upscaling

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by kingdoug, Jan 22, 2007.

1. kingdoug

kingdoug Member

Why does a monster hdmi cable cost in the hundreds? I found plenty of other hdmi cables that cost ten dollars for three meters. and why would they sell cables that are 60 feet long?? How big are their living rooms? Would i be fine with if i get a twelve dollar hdmi cable?

2. P2P2P

P2P2P Member

Agreed, the prices are quite ridiculous. My theory is, they knock about a hundred of the actual TV to try and shift as many as possible and add it to the cables.
    My experience was the local shop was charging 100 but I bought it online from hong kong for 6GBP. I still need to figure out how to set it up properly as windows desktop through hdmi looks crap
    (looks fine through vga) and I think I need to set the resolution using fddshow as the windows resolutions don't seem to do it properly.

The 60 foot cable are usually for someone who has their PC in another room and want to play something on the HDTV.