1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV connection questions with HD/DVR and Sony HTIB

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by jdombro, Jan 13, 2007.

1. jdombro

jdombro Member

I purchased a Sony 32" Bravia HDTV (one HDMI input, one optical audio output). We will be connecting to cable with a Explorer 8300 HD DVR from Time Warner Cable (one HDMI output, one optical audio output). As an additon gift we received a Sony (HTIB) DX255. It seems that this system lacks some of the input/output, specificly no HDMI or optical audio, devices that are nessary to complete a HDMI connections to eleminate (red/white Audio cables). Question: if i were to upgrade to a HTIB system, what system would allow me the full capacity of my HDTV and quality audio with value in mind? What would be your suggested cable configuration?

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

You can still achieve surround sound with very good sound quality results. Simply connect your HTiB with good quality audio cables from your HD cable box. Enable Dolby Pro-Logic II decoding in your HTiB.

Not many HTiBs have digital audio inputs (and practically none have HDMI inputs) but If you are looking to upgrade you may want to look at some receiver and speaker packages. You will need to hook up a DVD player (if it doesn't come with one) but a receiver will give you the most options and future expandability.

I like this HTiB from Samsung that has an optical audio input.
    http://www.samsung.com/Products/HomeTheater/HomeTheaterSystem/HT_Q45TXAA.asp

Ced