1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV Setup

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by leo8013, Dec 21, 2007.

1. leo8013

leo8013 Guest

I currently have 2 720p projection screen tvs (52"and 57"),now I am thinking about getting a 1080p LCD between about the same size to replace one of the tvs and get rid one of my projection screens. But my question is not which tv to get but about those HDTV setup dvds. Its the disc that helps you setup the tv like it looks when you see them at a store. I know that those tvs are setup by a professional just to get sales. but do those dvd color setup discs work?

2. club42

club42 Regular member

Digital video essentials, version depends on the calibration source.

3. leo8013

leo8013 Guest

Thanks but I do have another question. those are for HD-DVD I have blu Ray. i know that monster cable makes a disc on dvd that says it works also for hd but I do not understand that when a dvd cant compare to bluray or hd-dvd. Any other suggestions

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

The TV's I see on display usually make for a bad comparison due to them just being turned on, I doubt that any of the mainstream stores have had their display units tweaked by any professionals.

5. MysticE

MysticE Active member

That said many of Sony's Blu-Ray discs appear to have included a series of test screens for calibration. These can be accessed by pushing 7669 then 'Enter' during the Menu screen.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007