1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV Slide Show????

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sdculp, Jan 21, 2005.

1. sdculp

sdculp Member

Using Nero 6, I have just completed the task of converting all my digital photos into a menued DVD slide show. Looking at the pictures on my Hitachi 53-inch HDTV-ready screen, I am very pleased with the results. I considered the VCD and Super VCD formats not worth the effort. Although the pictures are not nearly as sharp as when viewed on the computer screen they are OK as long as one keeps the proper viewing distance. Nero doesn’t say, but I assume the picture format to be mpeg-2.

Looking to the future, it would be great if a project like this could result in digital pictures which would take full advantage of the HDTV capability. Does anyone have any information on this subject, or can you point me to some references. I can’t seem to find anything on Google.

Thank you.

Stu Culp

2. finewine

finewine Guest

Hi Stu,
    You may want to hop over to www.creatingslideshows.com/forum they discuss things of this nature and I saw a post about HD.
    -DM