1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

headset

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by sanecrazy, May 28, 2007.

1. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

how do i use the headset in motorstorm???????????

i cant chat to anyone

2. Sudds

Sudds Active member

You have to register the headset with the PS3.
    Or if you had Socom for the PS2 and still have the headset, you can use it as well.

3. nodroG479

nodroG479 Member

i've heard that there is going to be an official PS3 mic. does anyone know when it comes out?

4. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I use a Jabra bluetooth head set and it works great! Successful communication on line is greatly dependent on both the users connection speed.

5. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

ive paired the headset with the ps3 it finds it and registers it fine. but when i go on motorstorm i hear nuthing and cant communicate.

Do you have to press a button to talk? It says nothing in the manual how to do it.

6. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

If you are using a head set there is no button to push, its VOX; Voice Over transmitter. They hear everything you say Meuwahaha! But seriously, the VOIP in motostorm does not work well in the lobby, it works much better in when in game play. It is also greatly dependent on everyone’s network speed. In calling all cars you can see the network speed in bars like on a cell phone, if someone is low boot em. The stop light in motostorm is confusing. I have had good luck with VOIP in motostorm, need4speed carbon and calling all cars.

You must have a NAT level 2 or 1 to use VOIP with no problems. You can only obtain NAT level 2 if you have a router and Nat level 1 if you connect the PS3 directly to the modem. To get NAT level 2 such as I have you have to set up a DMZ address and static the PS3 on that address. Go in your router and set up a DMZ in port forwarding for an address such as 192.168.1.50 (user a number greater than the number of ethernet cables on the router) then go in your PS3 and set the IP to the same address. Set the submask to 255.255.255.0 and the DNS primary and secondary to the router main address 192.168.1.1. This works for me, if I put anything else in the DNS it slows everything down. Test the network connection in the PS3 XMB and it should show you as having NAT 2. If you cannot set up the DMZ then connect your PS3 directly to your modem and you should be at NAT level 1. The Sony help line will not help you set up a static IP on your PS3, only an automatic IP so if you have questions ask here, we will help you.

7. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

One other small note, not all head sets work with the PS3!!! The Motorola H700 works (sort of), the Jabara JX10 works great!, The Jabara BT500 does not work!, the Samsung WEP200, does not work well, the wiREVO does not work well (you cant use for sound and voip at the same time otherwise it would be great!). All blue tooth headsets paired up with the PS3 and the voice bar moves when you talk, this is not an indication that the head set is working properly (to bad it does not repeat what you said so you can here yourself, then you would know if it is jumbling your voice or not). The best thing I have heard is to get the Logitech wired headset for the PS3.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  8. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

One more note, TURN YOUR SOUND DOWN when using a blue tooth head set. There is nothing more annoying than hearing your self over someone else’s head set because their volume is way too high.

9. chillumuk

chillumuk Member

any one know if the motorola h350 works with the ps3??? thanks

10. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Sorry mate, don’t have that one to try. You could buy it and if it does not work return it for another. Most of the Bluetooth 2.0 headsets I have tried have problems; the Bluetooth 1.2 only headsets seam to work better with the PS3. The quality of the headset makes a difference as well. If you have not purchased one already I would get the Jabara JX10 or the wired headset by Logitech.

11. Sudds

Sudds Active member

The headset that came with SOCOM on the PS2 also works.

12. chillumuk

chillumuk Member

ok mate, thanks for the reply, think i may go with the logitech set up ;-)

13. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

That’s a wise choice, the blue tooth headsets, even the good ones are not perfect and there are some sound artifacts every now and then, the wired one should sound perfect, at least it will sound perfect on your end, if someone else is using a bad Bluetooth headset then it will still break up.

14. chillumuk

chillumuk Member

man funny how these super next gen console are all good and all that, but you still have to use a wired headset to get the best results. lol ;-)

15. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

i want a wireless usb headset because in theory the ps3 should recognize the headset since its compatable with all usb headsets so if i were to get a wireless mic would it work for ps2 games such as socom if i played it through my ps3 ive been dying for a socom wireless mic

16. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Not all wireless USB headsets work!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  17. chillumuk

chillumuk Member

right well i got hold of a motorola h350 from a friend , and it all contected ok to the ps3, but it didnt work ingame, so dont buy the motorola h350, unless i was doing some thing wrong, but ian sure i was not.

18. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

i have a h350 works fine no problems

19. chillumuk

chillumuk Member

shit i must be doing something wrong then ;-(. becouse on the setup screen it all seems to be ok, with the mic test, but then i didnt seem to get a little speaker icon next to my name when ingame when i was trying to say something. but it seem like no one could here me, any help anyone plz???

20. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

i will take that back if u have ps3 1.8 and the media server connection is on my h350 doesnt work properly either (by the way i couldnt get that function to work right help please) so just turn it off and see if maybe sony releases 1.81 with bug fixs right now mine is turned off and i use orb for streaming and red kawa for file sharing