1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

headset

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by crazydogy, Dec 18, 2007.

1. crazydogy

crazydogy Member

i just got a new ps3 80 gigs and i want to know if SONY makes bluetooth headsets. i seen in gamestop that they sell madcats headset, but i want a sony.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

There ARE Sony blutooth headsets but I'm pretty sure they don't work all that well with the PS3. The Jabra I got with Warhawk is great!

3. crazydogy

crazydogy Member

what is The Jabra with Warhawk

4. hade

hade Regular member

warhawk is online only, and mostly an aerial game. its fun. when you buy warhawk you have the option to buy just the game or you can buy the game and a jabra bluetooth headset. game alone is something like $30+, and the game with the headset is the standard price for all ps3 games, $59.99. i think someone correct me if im wrong, i bought warhawk awhile back.

the obvious pro to bluetooth headset is that it is wireless. i own the jabra one along with 2 motorola headsets. they all work fine to me, but you have to sync them and remember to recharge them. i also bought a wired usb headset that i use quite a bit. had a bluetooth die on me in a game which sucked.

check the local ads in your paper, they have rebates and deals on headsets all the time. if you want sony get it, but i really don't see any need in buying or only looking at their (sony) headsets.

5. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Jabra BT250v2 is a very good headset and somewhat inexpensive.

6. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

i have the madcatz bluetooth headset made for the ps3, never let me down, very clear signal and easy to use, also comes in 3 colours if that means anything to you, lol.

Product Features
    Full compatible with PS3's Bluetooth capabilities
    Compact and lightweight
    Features Blue tooth 2.0 wireless technology
    Compatible with Bluetooth V1.2 and higher
    For use in either ear
    9.15m (30ft) range
    Noise reducing and echo eliminating mic

bit pricey here i paid £30 that would be $60 or somewhat there, but usa always get their prices cheaper as the uk is a tax ripoff nation, god i want to emigrate :)

7. RickyMan

RickyMan Regular member

8. supertape

supertape Guest

This bluetooth should work. You might want to get one that is a motorola though or one with a usb charger port. That way you can plug it into your Ps3 to charge it just like your controllers. That's what I do with my motorola h-700. In my opinion though all bluetooth headsets are complete shizite. Go to ebay or amazon and by an older model ps2 corded headset. THEY WORK PERFECT. And the batteries never go dead and you don't need to constantly keep going back into setting settings to re mate the bluetooth. They are scratchy sounding and such a pain. My ps2 headset sounds and works 100 percent better than my bluetooth. I also have had a jabra250v and that was a little better than the h-700 motorola. A little louder on the sound anyway. The moto was not loud at all. Hope this helps.

9. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

1.) The usb headsets i find are so quiet they are barely audible at times.
    2.) Usb headsets are also very easy to break (The Ps2 logitech ones i mean)
    3.) Whats the point of having a wireless controller when you have a corded headset?

10. Balsca

Balsca Member

If you live in the UK, i bought my Bluetooth headset from Sainsburys for 9.99 hehe, works perfect

Balsca