1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heat of my CPU

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 99masond, Mar 7, 2007.

1. 99masond

99masond Member

I installed vista not to long ago I know bad move but I cant be assed going back to xp. Anyway the heat of my cpu has gone up a lot I am using a Intel Pentium M 1.73GHz in my laptop and the heat its generating is about 75c I also upgraded my memory to 1.5gb so what I want to know will this type of constant heat damage my computer.

2. elokito

elokito Regular member

75c is way to much a proc should go MAX at 60c probably the fan died or something take it to a hardware shop so they could c if the fan is damaged or full of dust

3. rudsta816

rudsta816 Member

a laptop norm is about ~55c if the fan failed the cpu would overheat pretty fast

4. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

I'd say elokito is exactly right there in what he say's about the fan being damaged or full of dust.

Few months back, my pc started making this really loud noise like a helicopter's blades turning lol, and I thought holy sh*t.

So I used the program "speedfan" and I was well over heating at about the 60 mark.

I opened up the pc and the cpu fan was thick with dust and this pc is only about a year and a half old.

I hoovered out all the dust from the fan, closed up the pc and turned it on and noise is gone, just like that and the temp also fell back down to normal aswell.

Havn't a clue how to open and find the fan in a laptop so maybe some of the other guy's can help you out with that. But I'd say your fan is clogged with dust.

Good luck

Sandisk