1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellboy directors cut

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by oasis, Jan 22, 2005.

1. oasis

oasis Guest

Just backed up my recently bought hellboy dvd!As ever i use "main movie only",but even using that the compression was around 61%!?using both deep analyze and maximum sharpness,but the result was far from satisfying when i played it on my "52,Anyone tried that one???...should i try another compression tool??

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

When you back up the main movie, do you keep all the soundtracks and subtitles? The only two choices you have is to either split the movie on two discs or back it up in its entirety on a DL disc. Good luck

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

That seems an awful lot of compression for just the main title. As wolfniggr says do you keep all the soundtracks and subtitles.
    I usually only grab the main title and 5.1 sound, all the rest I leave.

4. oasis

oasis Guest

I uncheck all the soundtracks and subtitles that i dont need!i guess that Hellboy dvd is that large.Will try to split it into two disc.Cheers!

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Just out of curiosity, which version of Hellboy do you have? The first release or the collectors edition? I didn't have that much compresion with the original release.

6. oasis

oasis Guest

It was the directord cut of helloy!The compression was around 67% with movie only!"

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What programs are you using besides shrink for backups?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005