1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all..First timer burning dvd's..Help please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ngalaviz, Feb 11, 2005.

1. ngalaviz

ngalaviz Member

Clarifing my question.
    I just got Samsun TS-H552B Dvd burner and installed Intervideo Copy DVD.Copied the dvd to my HD and then attempted to copy from HD to dvd-r and also tried dvd+r.When I do so the dvds will on play on my PC and not on my Toshiba standalone dvd player. But I know that my Toshiba dvd player can play dvd+r because I borrowed a movie that was in a dvd+r format(Sony dvd+r) and it played fine on it.He used a program called Copy 2 Dvd. I updated firmware aswell.But when I put it in my toshiba standalone all I get is "DiskError".Am I missing something?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Toshiba's are not the most versatile standalone players, though usually it is dvd+r's they don't like, not dvd-r's. Can your friend play the dvd you burned in his player?

3. ngalaviz

ngalaviz Member

Actually I said something that was incorrect. They are DVD+R that will not play on my standalone.But the ones my friend gave me are DVD+R too. But they are a different brand.(Verbatim and Sony) I have Maxell.
    sorry for misinformation

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Hi nagalaviz; and welcome to AD,

and also [with respect] yer question was, somewhut flakey!

How; why, where, and when, you and yur friend, managed to produce a playable copy of a DVD; is left to the readers imagination!

Their are, lot's of really good people in here, who are more than willing to help you.

My advise is spend a little more time, reading other folks problems, and how they were over-come... and how they asked the question.

regards gringle. :)

5. ngalaviz

ngalaviz Member

clarification bump

6. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Is that a question, or an excuse?

gringle

7. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

You need to bump yourself back to the question I asked you. Can your friend play the dvd you burned in his dvd player?

You need to try to isolate the problem.

8. ngalaviz

ngalaviz Member

Yes he can play his dvd's on his player fine.
    But I have not tested on his dvd player with my dvd's that I created yet.

Do you think that it may be my burner or the software that I am using causing it not to play?

Gringle: excuse? Im trying to put it the best way I can. Sorry if it is not specific as you want it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005