1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all some questions.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by eagle17, Oct 2, 2003.

1. eagle17

eagle17 Member

Hi I am obviously new and in my endevour to mod my XBXO I have a few questions.
    1} What is a good pre-flashed chip?
    2} can Cromwell run non signed XBOX code?
    3}is the X-Ecutor 2.2 pro better than the X-Ecutor 2.2 pro +?
    Well if I think of any others I will ask you very intelligent peoples for advice. Thanks

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Most any chip you buy will be reflashed with the Linux Bios that will allow you to reflash the chip to whatever bios you want.
    The Cromwell bios cannot run unsigned Xbox code. The 2 most widely used bios files for this are the Evox and Xecuter bios files.
    They are basically the same chip, but the 2.2 pro+ is compatible with all Xbox's. The 2.2 pro is only complatible with version 1-1.2

RustyDog

3. saldrasdo

saldrasdo Member

When you say "all xboxes" does this include the brand new xboxes? i bought one today actually and am hoping there's a chip for it. I haven't seen chips being sold that say 1.4 or 1.5 compatable but i've seen documentation on xbox-scene.com that says something about a 1.4-1.5 version of xbox. This concerns me.

sal drasdo

4. Matador

Matador Regular member

Wait until the Xecuter X3 chip to comes out.Should be compatible with 1-1.5 xbox's.

5. GetModded

GetModded Guest

I'm pretty sure the Chameleon and X2.2 plus will work with the newer Xbox's but you will need to add an extra wire to supply power to the chip.
    In the newest versions M$ has cut off power to the LPC.
    I haven't tried one myself so I can't be more specific, sorry.
    RustyDog