1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, does anyone know where to get cheap 2 to 4gb Pro duo Memory Sticks?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by KyotoJoe, Jun 26, 2007.

1. KyotoJoe

KyotoJoe Member

Yes, I just got a new PSP and I am trying to find memory stick for a good price. I was looking at some 2gb sticks, but I heard that 4gb are better. Is Ebay a good place to look or are they cheap Chinese made ones like I've been hearing?

Thanks,

Kyoto Joe

2. Kiraxorzo

Kiraxorzo Member

I'm new to the Psp scene too, so I may be wrong. But 4 gigs are great, but I cant seem to fill it. 2 gig would probably work fine. But if you have a Circuit City near you, they're having a sale on 4gig memory sticks. (ends 6/30) I just picked one up today for $50. instead of $120. Oh and DO NOT buy from ebay. Most of them are fakes. I learned the hard way.

I joined just so I could tell you that. Ha.

Anyways.. Hope I helped.

-Kira

3. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

circuit city this weeks ad....
    Sandisk 4gig duo 50 bux...

4. KyotoJoe

KyotoJoe Member

Thanks to both of you of guys and for the heads up on that 4G stick. I will have to go to Circuit City and get on. Yes, I kind of thought that most of what they were selling on Ebay were fake. There were a lot of buy it nows, but the trick was that most were out of China.

Thanks again!

5. gboykey

gboykey Guest

i bought i 2 gig one from ebay for $20 with the shipping included bucks and it works great, And i was made by sony, so not all of them are fake. You just gotta look, I found a 4 gig one there for cheaper than $50 bucks.

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

From experiecne, $40~50 4gig cards on ebay are all fakes. Doesn't matter if there is packaging, or it says it's made in japan or has a serial number. They are 100% fake.

But, that doesn't mean they don't work. In fact, they work exactly like real ones. Most of my sticks are fake ebay ones. There are occasional faulty ones that don't format, or cannot store to its maximum capacity, make sure you contact the seller if you get one of those. Be firm, and return/exchange WILL be made on sellers' expense.

7. stocon

stocon Member

I've been scouring the boards for this info and while I was doing it someone mentioned not to downgrade with 4 gigs. Can someone clue me in on that as I'm thinking you want a lot of memory, but do i need a smaller stick too?

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

I don't see anything wrong with downgrading from 4 gig. I have personally used 4gig to downgrade before with no problem. The only thing I can think of is make sure your card is authentic. Because there are a lot of fake 4 gig's out there, and fake ones have a higher chance of bricking your psp during downgrade.