1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone I am new please help with wii mod. THX

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by life7, Jan 30, 2008.

1. life7

life7 Member

hello everyone take it easy with me i am new i will get in the game soon, I just bought a wii and would like some help, here is my serial number lu3235
    Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2C.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut
    i just bought the wiikey and i have it in my hands could some one tell me if this modchip which i had to kill for work for my wii and if any one has pic of set and install. i thank you all have a good day.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  2. DJC01

DJC01 Member

Hi there for starters i wouldent give your serial number of your wii out like that if u look at other forums they only give the first 4 figers so be carefull. if u want to find out what chipset u have (d2b or d2c) the best and safest way is to open your wii up ( it easy) and have a look on the chip yourself. if u have a d2c then u have bought the right chip if u do intend installing it your self make sure u have a practis first and use the flex tab u can buy for it. ive already tryed using wires it messsy and very hard and hase allready cost me a new nintendo wii. hope this helps
    any more questions i try my best to answer them
    dj

3. life7

life7 Member

4. life7

life7 Member

Hello it took me along time to find out how edit my post sorry i am worndering where i can flex tab from ? and if i do have Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2C so i can mod it with the wiikey which i bought and is there any diagrames out there i can go by i cant find any picuter showing my how to install the wiikey o yeah i bought my wii from best buy dec 26 of 2007 i heard rumors that these wii systems can not be moded with the wiikey i hope that is not true, and when i open up my wii game system where can i find out what chipset i have, and if there is a diagrame on that also i hope someone can give me links and pic's of a gc2-d2c moded with a wiikey thank you all

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  5. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

looking at the info u have provided - your wiikey will not work

u need a d2ckey or argon chip for d2c wii chipsets

u will have to open it to be 100% sure but its not been wrong so far

with the date u bought it its likely to be d2c

6. DJC01

DJC01 Member

o right mate (life7) if u give me your msn email address i will talk and explain on it if u want. then that way i can send u pics of the chip diagram and help u find out what your chip set is.

7. life7

life7 Member

I was just wondering what if i do try to install the wiikey on my chipset and make it work, DJCO1 my email is coolirder200@hotmail.

8. life7

life7 Member

thank you again for helping me i was wondering what is the best modchip to buy for my chipset? thanks

9. life7

life7 Member

ok thanks i got a argon modchip and the person i got it from said that i dont need to update it yet or if i am just in the usa to play my back up games and he said that the firmware is 1.1 i am hoping not to update it unless i need to and the argon chip does not come with flat cable which connects to the chip the the jtap i think where can i get that cable?. thanks again everyone

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008