1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello,I have DVD shrink and Nero but I'm having problems please help me

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by LittleLui, May 30, 2007.

1. LittleLui

LittleLui Member

Okay,Hello,I've asked questions here at afterdawn a couple times and your answers have been very helpful.Now I have another problem,okay I'll start by saying I have DVD Shrink and it works great but when I try to file a DVD that I have recorded on my own DVD recorder it won't file it,it says a navigational problem,so I just use Nero to file it with it's image recorder but then if I try to play it on some DVD players it won't play it's like there is no video or Audio when I try to play the DVD on some DVD players/recorders.So what I want to know is what DVD ripper there is so I won't have this problem?I want to be able to record a DVD on my DVD recorder(I have 2 and nothing) and want to file the DVD to my computer so I can make a copy (That will play on all DVD players not just some).Thankyou very much,I'll be waiting on your help.LittleLui.

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Hello mate, a quick search is all i had time for right now but i got you this: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Search/dvd_ripper.html

You can try any of those programs see if they match what you need.

Hey, what dvd players to you try to play them on? Your own recorder or random ones? How old are they? Are you sure they are compatible with + or - (whichever one the discs you are burning to are) format dvds?

Also, what media (make discs) are you burning to, if they are cheap discs then this could be a possible problem.

Sorry i cant help you more , good luck!

3. LittleLui

LittleLui Member

Hello Thank's for your help.I try them on 3 different DVD recorders/DVD Players one is a Presidian(Alot of problems with this one)another is a Magnavox and it plays them but without the menus?
    and the third is another cheap thing it's the walmart SV200 it won't play them at all.All of the 3 machines are compatible with DVD-r and DVD+r.I use the best DVD-r's that I can get they are Sony.The machines are new?LittleLui.

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

Im not really sure then.....recently i was given some Verbatim cd-r's, but they wouldnt work at all in my dvd burner on my laptop.

It kinda gave me the impression that they were....too good for my machine? Lol!

But yeh, they wouldnt work on my laptops burner, and i still dont know why..

5. LittleLui

LittleLui Member

BillyBob,That's interesting?Thank's,Littlelui.

6. billybob

billybob Regular member

SOrry i know thats of no help to you. I just dont know what else to say....ill see if someone else can help.

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Can you clarify what you mean by "file" a dvd please? Do you mean make an ISO of the disc? Or rip the dvd to your HDD?

As far as DVD Rippers go, AnyDVD is by far the best. It's not freeware, but is worth the $20 or whatever it is. If you just want something to copy accross non protected dvds to your PC, then CloneDVD is the best option. That's also worth the money.

Your Sony DVDs are fine, but not the best. Order Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden online.

Get back to me.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  8. LittleLui

LittleLui Member

Thankyou Ripper,I think that is what I need a good DVD ripper,by the way have you ever heard of Xilisoft DVD ripper?I just bought it on ebay and it was an electronic delivery and I tied it right now but the program had to stop because of an error????????????????Littlelui.

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Then I'd say you got ripped off.
    *Never buy software off Ebay..
    *Never buy Xillisoft softwares (they a) suck, and b) spam)

Edit: What was the error? You might be alright with the software..

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  10. billybob

billybob Regular member

Hmmm.

When you have recorded what you want on your dvd, insert it in your drive, go on My Computer and "Explore" the dvd.

Copy ALL the files onto a folder in your Harddrive. Then, insert the media you want to burn to, and using Nero, select the "Burn a data disc" option, and just burn all the files you just copied to your harddrive, to your dvd.

Let me know what happens :D

(I reccomend you try this on an RW dvd, so im not liable lol).

11. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

you can just drag the burned dvd(files) from your dvd recorder to your HDD like Billybob said, since theres no protection on the dvds.

before you burn the files with nero or any other program you might want to run them thru FixVTS or VobBlanker, to fix any structure problems.

12. billybob

billybob Regular member

Woohoo i was right :D

lol :p

Oh and yeh, what 300bowler said :p