1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello...My first post...comment/question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Venomz, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Venomz

Venomz Member

I am new to these forums, but not new to the PS2 Scene. I guess you can say I'm real old school. I started doing backups when it first started with a GameShark and the cog swap method, I believe that is what they called it. Well my Version 1 PS2 finally gave out on me, so I went and bought a new one. I got a SM3.2 and a Slide Card...I can't get that damn Slide Card to work for anything...So I decided to try something. I decided to try the old cog swap with the DVD SM Disc...It worked with no problems!!! Now my question is...I've read a butt load of threads about the SM...But when I insert the disk it says load program. Is that when I put in the CDR backup or what?? Thanks in advance for all the help!

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

the slide card IS the cog swap.As far as SM goes I believe it boots to an "insert backup disc" screen or something along those lines and that is when you use the slide card/cog swap. So basically SM replaces the gameshark and it makes it a little easier for DVD backups because you don't have to do a double swap like in the old gameshark days.

3. Venomz

Venomz Member

Well yes, the slide card is the cog swap method, sort of...I think what I meant to say was the knife method. I use a small screw driver and turn the white cog wheel inside. Then manually push the CD tray back in. Quick and easy. I believe I have a V10 PS2 and the Swap Magic 3.2 disk set. I cannot get any of my CD based backups to work. I've tried just about every method I seen on these boards. My DVD+R's work great with the SM DVD disk. Any suggestions?

4. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

dont you have the cd version of SM? use that to boot cd backups!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]v3 PS2
    HDLoader + Maxtor 120gb
    JVC Dvd+R
    NEC ND 1100A
    Dvd decrypter, Alcohol 120%[/small]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  5. Venomz

Venomz Member

Yes I do have the CD version. It's version 3.2. ,y PS2 is a V10 I believe...everytime I try all I get is the red border. I've even tried to load CDLoader. Same thing, red border.

6. Venomz

Venomz Member

^bump still having problems. Has anyone with a v10 or higher been able to get the swap magic disks to boot a cd based game? TIA