1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by system42, Aug 15, 2004.

1. system42

system42 Member

I've got a few series of tv epsiodes, contained in Vob files on my PC... Eg Vob1 is 60mins home made movie file, Vob2 is another but of a diff duration. How would I go about burning these Vob files onto a DVD... Compiling all of them into 1 dvd. Please note they inst any IFO files just the VObs

------------------------------------------
    Damn! Please excuse the title of the thread! Didnt realize I put hello in it. Could one of the admins or mods change it to a more realistic title please.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

3. system42

system42 Member

hmm, i just realised that episode 1 goes though VOB1 and VOB2, since these files are over 4.7gig how can i split making sure that video 1 is only on VOB1 and so on?

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi again,

Have you read the tutorial? It explains the merging process, which is nothing more than selecting all your added files and then clicking on the merge button.

Basically just add the .vobs and merge them. Then once that is done, edit the merged .vobs by trimming away the last half of the movie. Once that is done, add a menu, preview and then burn. Repeat the process for the second disc, editing out the first half of the movie.

Consider adding an "Insert Disc 2" clip while gathering the files together for your first disc. Here are a few:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/inserts.php

You can make your own as well, using NVE.

Another option would be to create your movie without splitting. Once you have it ready to burn, select your hard drive as a target and burn it to a folder.

Next, open DVD Shrink -> Open Files. Browse for your folder and just run it through Shrink. Your movie will be compressed, and if you enable burning with Nero, it will be burned for you as well.

Cheers,
    Frank