1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help a noob out!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Fruhmann, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Fruhmann

Fruhmann Regular member

so i got a memorex double layer dvd. i'm learning on the ps2 forum how to make backups for the game put i know nothing about how to back up the movies. i have dvddecrypter, recordnow max 7 and a slew of other programs recommenced to me. what do i need to start backing up the dvd movies? i'm using verbatim DVD+R and/or Fujifilm DVD+R.

2. cruester

cruester Member

Sounds like you have everything you need. I would stongly using DVD Shrink though. And make sure to read the guides on this site.

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

DVD Decrypter in ISO mode should be all you need to rip and burn, as long as you are using DL discs. If you are using single layer discs use DVD Shrink.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Dvd decrypter is quicker on the smaller dvd-5 movies,but if they are large dvd-9 movies-you still have to go through dvd shrink to make them fit on a 4.5 gig disc.
    That is why I mainly use dvd shrink and nero 6.0.0.23 oem.

Dvd decrypter is a more powerful ripper and has a burn enging where as dvd shrink only compresses. The enhancements of shrink also make those backups look pretty close to the originals.

A few tips: burn at or below 4x to start with. Get some rw's to practice with. If you download the dvd shrink for free, set the target at 4300 to 4400 mbs.High quality media-your stand alone player/s will thank you for it with a high quality playback.

Verbatim and fuji are fairly good brands of media but you may have to keep an eye out for the poorer manufacturers that produce some of their discs.When I buy from a local store,I look for the "made in japan" on the wrapper. Those are usually the best.

Good Luck