1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help a Noob

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Howser12, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Howser12

Howser12 Member

I just dled Halo of a site and it came up with these files called <filename.01> through <filename.48> with another file called <filename.sfv>. Also it had a read me file. So i read it and it says I should do this.

"Just extract the archives and burn the .cue file with your favorite
    CD-Recording software."

Like all i saw with the winrar was to put them all together and make a flt-rar file and(What I tryed to combine them all but that did not do to much) I do not even know what a .cue file is plz help me.

We dont need to know where you got the game from.
    -Praetor.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2003
  2. Howser12

Howser12 Member

I just doubled clicked them when they were in the rar file book thing and the first(flt-halo.01 file) had in it a bin file and a cue file and the other 47 flt-halo files have only bins in. And the flt-halo.svf has this

<list of files>

So what does this all mean what do I do with it? And I would like to use damemon to run the game instead of burning it.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2003
  3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

My god.... WTF. If you're gonna pirate a game at least do it properly.

1. Like the instructions say, extract the files. To do so, open any random .### file witn WinRAR and extract. Rinse and repeat as ened
    2. Mound the image with DaemonTools.

-==NO DISCUSSION ABOUT PIRACY. IT IS BLATENTLY OBVIOUS YOU PIRATED THIS GAME. CONSIDER THIS A WARNING==-

4. Howser12

Howser12 Member

what do you mean rinse?????

5. Praetor

As in... if you get a bunch more 001 002 whatever files repeat the instructions.

6. Hawkies

Hawkies Guest

He's jsut not putting it very well. I have the same problem, i have all the files flt-halo.001 - flt-halo.048 +2 other a SRV file and a NFO files u used a file splitter program to reuntie all the files into one and then made it flt-halo.rar however it generates a error tryign to extract the bin file, the cue files extract's perfectly fine. assuming my combining them with my splitter program cuased thsi problem i then tried jsut namming all the individual files .rar so i cud unzip each individually, however i generate same error.

7. Praetor

If you have a series of files, *.001, *.002, *.003 and so on, you need to extract that set of files to either get you want you want or to bring you one step closer to getting meaningful files. To do so, 1 Start up WinRAR, 2 Select any one of those *.### files and drag it into WinRAR, 3 Now press CTRL+A to select all the files and click the Extract To button. Give it a destination folder. 4 When the extraction is done, if you get a meaningful set of files then you are set to go. In some cases you will find that when you finish extracting you get yet another set of *.00, *.002 files. Repeat the same steps as before (to keep things single, each time you extract something, extract the contents to its own individual folders).