1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help and Advice!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by niteliner, May 21, 2011.

1. niteliner

niteliner Member

I have used DVD Decryptor to put my DVDs on my hard drive. I have been advised to use DVD shrink to enable me to put 300 odd films onto an external hard drive to avoid carrying around all my dvds. The decryptor works well but shrink will not allow me to compress the files to transfer to my external hard drive - with me so far?

I am not too clever with computers so long as they turn on and do what i need them to do everything is fine!

Can someone give me the "idiots" guide to be able to shrink the movies to enable them all to fit on my external? I am using windows vista if that helps!

All advice very much appreciated

Thanks

Chris

2. attar

attar Senior member

Is it giving you a message indicating that it can't create the backup?

It may not be relevant, but if your external drive is formatted as fat32, and you are saving the backup as an iso and that iso is larger than 4GB, it won't be possible to write it to the drive.
    The drive has to be formatted as NTFS or the backup has to be in the form of a VIDEO_TS folder containing the individual files (which are always a maximum of 1GB). N

3. ps355528

ps355528 Regular member

decrypter.. hehehe.. wonder why it isn't working as planned? place your bets..