1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help another Noob

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Games' started by tommy_c, Jul 9, 2007.

1. tommy_c

tommy_c Member

Hi all,
    Not sure if this is the right place to post.
    I bought my PSP in Hong Kong in March, will games that are bought in Ireland work in my PSP? One of my friends reckon that they wont and I don’t feel like wasting my money!
    Cheers!

2. funyknife

funyknife Guest

all games for the psp are universal in its region coding just not umd movies the best bet to do if you want to watch umd movies or even format some of your own onto your pro duo stick is to get a custom firmware. what is the setting on the psp right now? if you did put custom fw on your psp it has an ability to set certain region codes

3. Dogflap

Dogflap Guest

Hi i got a psp from hong kong i got all my games in england there all fine so i think you will be ok P.s do you have the prob with X=O and O=X?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2007
  4. tommy_c

tommy_c Member

Yea bought a game today and it works perfect, cheers for your help.
    Havent had a problem with x and o as of yet!!

5. CeOwned

CeOwned Guest

*Coughs*Universal Media Disc.

6. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

That has nothing to do with it, it's region encoding, not the disk (EG: UMD Videos are region coded)

The "Universal" is joined to "Media" as it implies that it can store Music, Video, and Games...

7. foxrider

foxrider Guest

*coughs* japanese movies dont work in american psps or vice versa *uncoughs*

8. foxrider

foxrider Guest

sorry for double post but it is possible to change the region of your psp(so you could have a japanese psp from america:D)...if you have cfw go to recovery and click fake region... i should have just put this in my other post

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007
  9. foxrider

foxrider Guest

SORRY!!!! accidentally pressed quote instead of edit

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007