1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help !!! Aone DVD+R 8.5GB

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cigaro1, Sep 6, 2007.

1. cigaro1

cigaro1 Member

i have a pioneer 111d and have tried all week to burn to a Aone disc using multiple firmware versions, ISO's i know work from previous games. i am using the latest version of IMGBURN but everytime i start to burn it gets to 51% and i get a Power Calibration Area Error. i have tried multiple firmware version's even from the Dangerous brothers website its buggin the hell out of me that some people are able to burn to these CD's but i can't
    any advice would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

2. cigaro1

cigaro1 Member

oh an i have set the layer break as well

3. monteca

monteca Regular member

Low quality disks are the problem...verbs will work

4. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

if its from previous games you have do u still have the .dvd file with them just use this and xbox back up creator latest version
    i use aone all the time as in the uk we get ripped off with verbs and not had one single failure and most my backups over a year old and still going strong. my originals still like brand new tucked away

5. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

just download the latest firmware version from pioneers web site and thats it.

6. cigaro1

cigaro1 Member

im in the UK too an jst got told bout these aone disc's and iv'e already tried the latest firmware 1.29 that didn't do a thing and iv'e tried brand new back-ups and old ones that i know work i have all my .DVD files too its really weird that everyone else has been able to do it so effortlessly which is why im gettin proper peved off

7. cigaro1

cigaro1 Member

Any other advice don't mean to sound rude jst been buggin me all week and i've wasted money too

8. monteca

monteca Regular member

what is the media code?

9. cigaro1

cigaro1 Member

i have no idea what the media code is sorry just that the packet is exactly the same as the ones all over the internet saying they run very well on xbox 360's the media code might be the bit in Japanese or Chinese

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Pop it back in your pc, open up Imgburn. Go to "Mode -> Read". Then in the window on the right, scroll down and you'll see "Disc ID" followed by some letters and numbers. That'll be your media code.

11. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

k now either its your burner or theres on thing to do buy some verbatims dual layer dvds and try the burn again if it fails then you know that it is your dvd burner if it doesnt then you know the disks you brought were either a bad batch or just shite for your dvd burner
    or what you could do if you have both the iso and .dvd file then try burning with xbox back up creator and make sure where it states nero and img burn that you choose the 1st option xbc try this and let me know ok

12. cigaro1

cigaro1 Member

i finally got one disc to work i had to put the Pioneer drive on its own IDE cable and set it to master and that worked but still wudn't finallize i will try it with back-up creator tomoro an get bak to you

13. Rdysn5

Rdysn5 Member

expect to have a lot of problems until you start using verbatims.

14. hakentt

hakentt Member

I have tried memorex, I was able to make a backup and it will verify to be perfect burn in IMGburn but XBOX360 cannot read cheap media well. So even if you don't get a coaster with cheap media the xbox will have hard time reading it. The only media that workes fine for me is verbatim, I will no longer use any other media for backups.

15. cigaro1

cigaro1 Member

iv'e used Verbatums for about a year but i heard so many good things about these Aone discs and there alot cheaper using the same drive as me and yet i had such a pain in the backside trying to get one to work and its working fine in my xbox so far i will try a few things but will probably switch back to verbs in the near future

16. monteca

monteca Regular member

you get what you pay for....also cheap media even if it does work will burn out your xboxs laser (it has to try really hard to read it)

17. Phil98164

Phil98164 Member

I've made over 40 xbox 360 games using Aone disks without one failure so it has to be your drive.