1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ASAP!!! -- HHD -

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mfd61, Feb 23, 2007.

1. mfd61

mfd61 Member

I just got done building my hdd from scratch with xboxhdm. I unlocked it but now i cannot lock it. When i try to lock it it says "THE DRIVE HAS SECURITY ENABLE _ DISABLE FIRST"

How do I do this so that i can run xboxhdm and lock it.
    I have my hdd password from eeprom and my hdd key #...what else can i do.........I am so close to putting this in my xbox but i cannot get it to lock..or dont know how to disable the security.....

can someone help. ASAP
    THanks

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i know the only way do that is disable the hdd in the bios, even though disabled the linux will still detect the drive there, but normally once it says that the drive is frozen or whatever, it normally doesn't like the motherboard, i would just try another computer, probably save you a headache, i had that problem and it drove me nuts, all i did was go to my other computer and try and it worked like a charm. what size drive you putting in?? bigger than 137GB?? cause with softmod little different to get the rest of that space if bigger.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007