1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help ASAP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nigel4, Apr 7, 2007.

1. nigel4

nigel4 Member

Hi,

My cousin got a DVD from UK but i not able to play in in my comp. It says playback not permitted on this type, check region code..can anyone help me where i can play this region code dvd on my comp

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

You would have ntsc and ur cousin would have pal.

You can go into the setting for your drive and change it to pal, but you can only change it a couple time back and forth. As for any programs to get around this, im not sure of any.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Don't go resetting the region code on your drive to play an out of region DVD. A few times and the drive locks to the last region set. AnyDVD and DVD Region + CSS Free are both capable of letting you play out of region DVDs on your PC. Both have free trial periods. AnyDVD can be downloaded at http://www.slysoft.com and the Region Free from http://www.dvdidle.com . The PAL and NTSC format isn't something you can change with a setting. For best viewing of out of region DVDs it's best to do the conversion from PAL to NTSC. Nero Vision from the Nero 7 suite or ConvertXtoDVD will do the conversion. The Nero trial is full function, so you can do the conversion right while checking out Nero if you don't have it. The ConvertXtoDVD trial marks the video output until you buy a key to unlock the program.

I forgot, there are free decryption tools that handle region codes. DVD Decrypter, it's obsolete but still works on a lot of DVDs; and RipIt4Me will handle the more difficult rips.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007