1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!! Audio Copy Protection

Discussion in 'Audio' started by NEONADAM, Oct 12, 2004.

1. NEONADAM

NEONADAM Member

I have Shakira's Laundry Service on C.D (The original version not the updatd version)

And I copied them onto my hard drive and then I protected them.

But my now ex-girlfriend threw the C.D against the wall and took a huge chunk out of it so obviously it wont play.

But I now want to burn the tracks off my hard drive and onto a C.D but it wont let me because of the copy protection.

Is there anyway to get rid of it.

Thankyou in Advance

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

3. NEONADAM

NEONADAM Member

yes i know but the cd is damaged so i only have the files on my hard drive

4. chrisjwu

chrisjwu Guest

go to download.com and search for a program called dmc audio. IT is a great program. for ripping audio cd.
    I dont know of you have roxio for cd writing but it tell you the cd is copy protected but continues to record it anyway.
    Hope this helps

5. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Seem to be missing the point of the thread these people...

You need to know what type of copy protection you have on the files first up. I can't claim to be a master here, but there are known ways for removing protections on .aac for example, so if you can say what file format you have got and search around for removal of that format's copy protection you would go a long way towards beating it. Hope that helps a little, but can't really say more than that at the moment with what you've told us.

6. OzMick

OzMick Guest

BTW, did she become the ex before or after the CD throwing incident?