1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help backing up already backup games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gibbo1471, Nov 26, 2007.

1. gibbo1471

gibbo1471 Member

i have managed to backup loads of xbox 360 originals fine but for some reason cant backup already backuped games tried 3 different ones whats the easiest way to copy backup games please thanks

2. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

clonecd

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I used Nero 7 and used the disc copy option and it worked just fine.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Did you read the thread right at the top of the forum titled "Backup Backups of 360 games guide..."?

5. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

use imgburn read the the dvd and save on your pc then use imgburn to write that file to dl dvd, that easy.

6. gibbo1471

gibbo1471 Member

i have tries nero to copy the games i first save an image to hard drive and then burn but xbox says no disk can you use any other software the backup i am copying is fine works great

7. gibbo1471

gibbo1471 Member

it records the copy and stealth check has passed but it wont load on xbox it says disk dirty please clean or restart box i have tried clone and nero and xbox backup creator all failed to load

8. steimy

steimy Active member

are you using good quality DVD+R DL discs like Verbatim. If not that may be thee reason they do not work because i can tell you 100% that any ISO program like Nero or IMGburn that can handle dual layer files should have no problem making a copy of a back up game.

9. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

hehee must be in a rush :)

10. gibbo1471

gibbo1471 Member

hi i am using ri disk dvr+r dl recording 2.4x i have just tried copying one using image burn that program makes 2 files i have burnt the image using the smaller one i imagine that is a layer brake file of some sort like i say i have managed to do loads of originals backups should be easier.

11. gibbo1471

gibbo1471 Member

also where do find what layer break number to put in image burn when recording the backup iso i leave it to calculate optimal or shall i put in (1913760) thanks for your time

12. gibbo1471

gibbo1471 Member

any ideas i imagine leaving he layer break for the program to set is the rught option as it will fail to write if wrong

13. varnull

varnull Guest

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/571983#3458361

search is a really hard function......

I use k3b.. put in copy, hit "copy disk" button, select speed and let it go. What's all this BS about clonecd/nero/imgburn.. even decrypter will burn a 360 copy IF you are using reasonable quality disks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2007
  14. steimy

steimy Active member

when i made a copy of a back up with Nero it just copied one disc to the other, no need for layer breaks. Not sure with IMGburn although i know when making the first copy the layer break is needed if you burn the ISO rather than the DVD file. And it is always 1913760

But like above with Nero i did nothing but press a disc copy button and it did the rest. The only thing i may have different from some other systems is i have a DVD-Rom and a DVD burner. So my original back up is read by the DVD-Rom while the blank disc is in the burner so it just copies one to the other rather than to the hard drive and then to another disc.

15. gibbo1471

gibbo1471 Member

hi thanks for that so to copy xbxo 360 backups just do a copy disc option using nero do i do a quick copy on the fly or untick it also if i use image burn when i read the game it puts a image file on over7gb and a smaller file an mds file i imagine i have to burn the image by selecting the mds file for the layer break and bits and bobs i wonder before i just used nero to put an image on just 1 file to muy hard drive and burned the image dont think it will work like that will it thanks

16. steimy

steimy Active member

not sure as i burn from one disc strait to the other having two drives. So i have never copied it to the hard drive first. So i guess mine would be considered on the fly.