1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help backing up games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gibbo82, Feb 24, 2004.

1. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

I know that this is discussed every day many times, but I have read the post containing all the different guides to backing up a PS2 game on DVD and still can't get it to work. I have tried the Alcohol method, the nero method, and some of the others several times, and every time I get a red screen using the Swap Magic disc. I have a Sony DRU-530a, a fliptop and swap magic 3.0 and 2.0. I am using Memorex DVD+r, which I have used to backup numerous DVD's successfully. I am just getting a little impatient and sick of getting coasters. Don't want to come across rude, just looking for some help. I will continue to check FAQ's and use the search function. Thanks.

2. 666Hate

666Hate Member

have you tried using DVD decrypter, that seem's to work for me

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what game are you trying to backup? And as for a program, any program that makes an image of the game then burns it should work. I too use dvd decrypter and it works every time.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2, flip top, SMD, CDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  4. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

Well I have tried backing up ESPN College Hoops, ESPN NBA, and Madden 04. I have used both Nero, DVD Decryptor, Alcohol, and more. I have tried numerous times with each and every time I get a red screen with Swap Magic. I really don't get it. I have done the tutorials word for word, and no luck.

5. billz

billz Active member

maybe it how your swaping explain how you swap

6. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

ok, turn on the PS2 and put in the swap magic 3 cd. It loads up, i get the PS2 screen, then it says Swap Magic, then it goes to a screen that gives me two options: 1) load program and 2) video mode:normal. when its here i open the flip top and insert the game and hit x. immediately the screen turns red, it seems it turns red before i even hear the disc spin. then it sits there red until i turn it off.

7. billz

billz Active member

ok that's your problem you should be using swap DVD it say version 2 on it

8. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

well i have tried the 2.0 too (although i didn't notice the difference, my mistake), but STILL when the insert disc screen comes up i put in my burned disc and hit x and the trim around the screen goes red.

9. 666Hate

666Hate Member

well billz beat me too it, yeah you should be using the swap magic dvd disc, it will say playstation 2 and then it will say insert disc with a a stary background, put your back-up in a push x, if u have more problem's check www.swapmagicfix.com.

oh, and you rock billz.

10. 666Hate

666Hate Member

the red border from what i understand means a bad burn, but i have also heard that EA games are a bitch to back-up

11. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

hey everyone, thanks for the quick replies, but i think the problem might be with my ps2. i tried again and again to get it to read, and finally it did, then it made a loud swirrling noise and i saw the espn game for a second and then it stopped and froze. im thinking i might just have a screwy ps2, so im gonna go try it on another ps2.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004