1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help..backing up the urbz

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rufusx, Jan 22, 2005.

1. rufusx

rufusx Member

im trying to back up the urbz sims in the city. i used dvd decrypter to read the iso and then burned it on 1x. the media i am using is tdk.

im using the swap magic 3.3 with slide tool. when i load the game up it loads an image and then freezes. what's wrong here?

anyobdy know whether theres copy protection on the game, because if there is then that may be why its freezing.

ive heard that u need to patch some ea games to get past the copy protection, how do i do that?

thanks

2. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

Take the line "HDDUNITPOWER = NICHDD" out of the "SYSTEM.CNF" file and rebuild with CDVDGEN.

For Swap Magic...
    Make sure you when you rebuild the ISO the LBA's are smallest to biggest in order ...

3. rufusx

rufusx Member

lba's?

4. rufusx

rufusx Member

what program do i use to take the line out of the system.cnf file?
    how do i do it?

5. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

Skip...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  6. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

Use IsoBuster, put game in, point to your game, highlight all the files, right click, save to folder on your desktop, open the system.cnf with your notepad and highlight the bottom line "HDDUNITPOWER = NICHDD", right click, DELETE.

(I'm sure there's a easier way, but this how I view the LBA's.)
    Load all the files into UltraISO, save as iso. Open the the iso you just made with isobuster. On the click on the lba tab to make all them go in order and from lowest to highest. Open CDVDGEN 1.5 create new dvd master disc. Click on volume tab, find your SLUS file, enter that in DISC NAME (SLUSXXXXX same with VOL ID)Click nback to Directory. Look at the isobuster list, and load the files from your folder with the files you originally extracted in the LBA order from isobuster. Once finished, click rec. button. It will ask you where to save iml, pick name and location. It will now give you an error, click on file tab (upper left) and click export iml file.

Once that is finished, use "CDVDGEN ISOBuilder" and open all the files with numbers ext.(.00,.01,) Name your iso and burn with dvd-decrypter.

7. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Why do people insist on thinking that DVD Decrypter is the gospel here? I'll never understand this. Personally I have never had any luck with that program. I just think that it is funny that everyone here thinks that it is so great and that it is the end all be all program for burning PS2 games. But what I don't understand is why so many people have problems with it? Just about every other forum here is a thread about someone having a problem burning using that program. I can't believe that this many people are doing it wrong. It's not that hard to follow ISO read, then ISO write - but yet tons of people cannot get it to work. I'm not saying that Nero is the end all be all to burn games, but to this day after about 200 backups have not had a problem with it, and it is just as simple as DVD Decrypter- Select the DVD tab, copy disc, and set your write speed. Never once have I had to remove this file, rename that file, blah, blah, blah... I reccomend that you stay away from DVD Decrypter, and find a better program that works. Decrypter may be free, but just remember you get what you pay for.

8. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

P.S.-I used Nero for burning this game and it works fine.

9. rufusx

rufusx Member

thanks people, i've sorted it :)

10. bolgat26

bolgat26 Member

Hey rufus, how did you sort it out? did Nero work? I am having the same problem as you

11. rufusx

rufusx Member

i rebuilt it using the cdvdgen. it shrunk to about 1.6gb. which was strange, but it all works fine. :). theres a tutorial on the forums somewhere, thats for rebuilding starwars battlefront. just follow that and you'll be fine.

12. rufusx

rufusx Member

PS

i didnt take he line "HDDUNITPOWER = NICHDD" out of the "system.cnf" file and it still works fine.