1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Backing up

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by PoRT, Sep 24, 2007.

1. PoRT

PoRT Member

Hi, i want do make a back up copy of my DVD movies, and im not sure at all how to do it. I had DVD Xcopy platinum, but i cant get it to work with my new laptop(Windows Vista). what software do i need to do this? I dont mind purchasing anything. Someone told me to check out DVD Shrink. Will this do everything i need to make back-up's? do i need to use this with other programs? thanks for any help you can lend.

2. PoRT

PoRT Member

p.s.
    I have nero startsmart, i should be able to use that to burn, correct?

3. PoRT

PoRT Member

any help at all would be appreciated. thanks

4. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Heres a guide to start off with all free programs also same author has guides for different programs as well. Chris

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

6. PoRT

PoRT Member

do the 321 DVD programs allow me to do the same as my ald XCOPY programs? i heard something about a legal matter in the past that made them take my version of XCOPY off the market... Forgive me for not reading the newbie guides, believe it or not, i didnt see it when i first came on the website. ill go read what i can and try to answer some of my questions that way. but, while i have this thread open, i had xcopy ver. 4.0.3.8 and it worked well, do the new programs from 321 studio's do the same thing? and some dvd's have encryption, how do i get passed that? thanks guys

7. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

The 2 Programs mainly used for the back ups are DVD fabDekrypter used with shrink which is free that's in the guide I gave you the link to and Any DVD & Clone DVD thats a pay program studio 321 doesn't break the new encryptions and the two I recommended above are updated reguraly for the new movies as they come out. Chris

Heres another link for reading http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/390954

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007