1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help backup Kessen III

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by strider2x, Feb 27, 2005.

1. strider2x

strider2x Member

Had anyone successful backup Kessen III? It's in DVD-9 and about 8.3GB. I use Nero to backup but it won't load on my PS2.

It turn black screen after PS2 logo.

2. handyguy

handyguy Guest

ps2's don't read DL media, just pressed DL media. It can be backed up since I saw it on the net but I don't know about playing it.

3. whacker

whacker Member

it seems that it doesn't work with hdloader (I've tried the protocol dvd9 rip) or hdadvance (same rip). Some guys claim that it works using a dual layer dvd & modchip. I have serious doubts about it and can't try it since I don't have a dual layer burner (atm I don't even have a dvd burner anymore).
    I really want to play this game so if someone finds a solution, please share it :)

4. hursty

hursty Active member

i had a link somewhere,on a new rebuilder that has jut been released ,but somehow lost it,
    will try to find it again
    will keep you posted

5. whacker

whacker Member

that'd be great!
    I'm hating the fact that I've downloaded this, wasted my bandwith and am unable to play it.
    Thanks in advance.

6. whacker

whacker Member

It's really easy. Just rebuild like you would rebuild any other dvd9 image (the special app is not needed at all) a tutorial for this is included in the DVD9 flattening tools.
    In the end I have a 5.1 gig iso, working to perfection (on hdloader).