1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help,,,been outa the psp world for a while(GPS)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lilsam, Jul 3, 2007.

1. lilsam

lilsam Member

hey guys, i havnt touched or looked at my psp in about 4 months, just havnt had time, now that things have settled, new computer is nearly finished, needa know what i ahve missed out on
    mostly about the GPS
    i hear there is some sort of gps for psp, could anyone explain to me what i need and what do ay, im still version 1.5 lol, so yea(also any other big things ive missed)

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

you've missed dark alex custom firmware ( you might've known about that before) i have never heard of a gps for psp, sorry cannot help you for that, but back to custom fw. they are a mixture of 1.50 and itself so you update to 3.40 OE-A (the latest one) and you can run most homebrew apps that you can do about 1.50, and i guess someone else might reply about the gps or you can just google it. get 3.40 oe-a from dl.qj.net

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You need a GPS, only available in Japan I believe. You can get at http://www.play-asia.com

Then get Mapthis! homebrew. It'll run on 1.5.

But there is no maps that will come with Mapthis! You need to download google map one tile at a time. Takes a lot of effort.

4. lilsam

lilsam Member

ohk, will it work in australia, so whats the firmware stuff?i can get the highest firmware and still play home brew games?
    man ive missssssed alot:(

5. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

well you can get 3.40 oe, thats the highest from dark alex, he quit now, but ppl joined to make a new EE. now the link for 3.40 oe-a is here : http://dl.qj.net/3.40-OE-A-PSP/pg/12/fid/13553/catid/163

be forewarned: read the readme, and dark alex, qj or i are not responsible for bricks, but if u do the procedure right, you won't brick(break ur psp).

6. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

oh yea, one more thing, when flashing it, do NOT turn of the psp until it is finished, that causes a brick.