1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!!!bit lord on xtra

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by funkyman1, Mar 10, 2007.

1. funkyman1

funkyman1 Member

hey, i'm on the xtra go large plan in new zealand. i only get downloads of about 1-5 Kb/s. mostly on about 3. any body could help me at all? that would be great. i have no idea how to speed it up. i've tried some of the stuff in other forums but it does not work and i dont understand port forwarding. could someone please reply or email me on i'manidiot.com edited by ddp. that would be great.
    cheere
    simon

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

First, edit out your email address, it's against forum rules and, besides, it's asking for trouble. And second, get rid of BitLord, my personal recommendation would be utorrent. And unless you use a router, you don't need to forward ports.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

to late as post edited

4. funkyman1

funkyman1 Member

ohk thanx.i will tri utorrent.what is a router?

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

A router will have several pc connector points, say for a network, as opposed to your modem which has 1 connection for your pc.

6. funkyman1

funkyman1 Member

ok thanx.so i dont need to port forward?this program still runs slow...any way to make it faster?

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

At options>preference>connections, set a port over 10,000 and disable UPnP. At options>preference>bittorrent, enable Protocol Encryption and allow incoming legacy connections but if allow incoming legacy connections doesn't help, disable it. You will have to disable both DHT references if you use private sites, otherwise they're fine to enable. These settings are mine but work fine for me: global number of connections - 375 and maximum # number of connected peers per torrent - 100. At options>speed guide, run the speed test and use the upload speed you get in connection type. Check your speeds a few times over the course of a week and at options>speed guide, run a port test to see if it's green.

8. funkyman1

funkyman1 Member

thanx.
    have done all of that, did not make a difference.my apologies if i am anoying you.the only thing that did not work right was the port test which said it wasnt forwared properly?

9. mistycat

mistycat Active member

No, no annoyance at all. Sounds like your isp may be blocking you but I know nothing of xtra go large (is that your isp?) but maybe someone does and some modems (very few) do require port forwarding but I know nothing of them either, perhaps contact your isp on that. Just as a guess try enabling UPnP and/or DHT disabled or vice versa or disable both UPnP and both DHT references.

10. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Looks like they do "traffic manage" but I could be wrong. Try your downloads between 12:00 AM - 6:00 AM if you can.