1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help burning downloaded avi's and mpg

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dedra, Jun 4, 2004.

1. dedra

dedra Member

i am new to this......i have several mpgs and avis that i want to burn to cd-rw....i have a sony cd-rw crx-230e and i am trying to use nero-------is this not the correct type of burner to do this?? when i use the program, everything works fine and then there is never anything on the cd-rw

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You shouldn"t be useing nero to convert your Files to VCD or SVCD format because Nero uses a very Low Quality Encoder and is Buggy...
    You should use a Standalone Mpeg encoder Like "Tmpgenc" or the "MainConcept Encoder" to encode your AVI/Mpeg file to VCD or SVCD Compliant Mpeg files and then once they are in the Correct Format you can use Nero to "Just" Burn the Files to CD-R as a VCD or SVCD.....And be sure to burn at the Lowest speed Possible....Cheers

3. dedra

dedra Member

thank you for the help, i will try that

4. zoolu

zoolu Member

Hey, I just wanted to say that MainConcept MPEG Encoder is quite fast - But I find Panasonic MPEG1 Encoder better (when it comes to quality), although it only encodes to VCD, So if you want to encode to VCD I find it better. Only thing about Panaonic's is that it is quite slow, though it's worth it.