1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help burning movie from kazaa

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by brett14, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

found some info for you...

some say windows updates did it? some say its the new version NVE3 and some say its chapter pionts dont use them and it will burn!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/169329
    --------------------------
    this guy was ok with old NVE3 updated and all went wrong...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/173301
    --------------------------

go here and read and send log to AD user who works for nero called [bold]ccampbell[/bold]

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3/105308

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey rotary, I don't think it's the latest version or anything to do with chapter points because I just used the latest version of NVE3 on 2 different sets of files and it worked perfectly. I also set chapter points and made menus without a problem.

It might not be a bad idea to send the log file to Craig, tho. Usually what he does is have them try specific stuff to narrow the problem down.

I hadn't thought of conflicting software either. Brett, do you have Roxio, InCD, or SP2 installed on your PC? Any or all of these can cause conflict with Dvd software, especially Nero. I don't think I told you to stay away from Nero's InCD when installing Ultra 6. My bad, sorry.

3. brett14

brett14 Regular member

i kno i dont have Roxio..i dont even kno wut InCD is...and i have sp2 installed...what should i do?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

InCD is one of the downloads in the Ultra 6 suite. If you have it, get rid of it. SP2 has caused a lot of problems conflicting with Dvd software. I have blocked it from my PC and still use SP1. If you have a good security system like Norton, McAfee, etc. you don't really need it as it's mostly a security program.

Either of these could very well be your problem. Check for InCD 1st, get rid of it if you have it. Then see what happens. SP2 does not cause problems in everyone's system, but it has been known to cause problems in quite a few.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

curious this sp2, i am fully loaded with it and dont get any problems, so far? i wonder if it matters when it was installed? like my system was loaded with xp pro/sp1 then i updated to sp2 with a separate file...

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Don't know but I can show you tons of links where SP2 caused problems with other software. As I said it's not across the board, some haven't had any problems. I don't need it, my security is more than ample, and so I have it blocked. In fact so many people complained about SP2 conflicting problems that it was Microsoft itself that came up with the blocker to keep it off your PC if you so wished.

I'm just looking at possible reasons that NVE3 isn't working on his PC and SP2 could be a possibility.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

for now i would use a different app to make a movie, drop them in divxtodvd and make vob/ifo/bup, not sure but you may be able to load to nero after for menu creation/chapter pionts, if you need a menu that is? if not just burn them!

or place in tmpgenc PLUS to get the mpeg dvd complaint and load the new mpeg to nero for menus etc...

8. brett14

brett14 Regular member

is there any other programs that i could use that i could make chapters and menus? cuz my free trial of nero ran out and i dont wanna buy it. let me know thanks

9. whatsnew1

whatsnew1 Member

DOWNLOAD DVD SANTA AND USE THAT

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i think and 99% sure that you need a serial for nero to make dvd video! and the trial wont alow it! well 2 serials! one for the app and one for the dvd tab to show! we had another guy here who had to get second so it would show in the smartstart loader....

[​IMG]

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

The trial should work and you can reload the trial each month. It starts and ends on the 22nd of each month. You just redownload and install and you have another trial good for a month. You can do that indefinitely. Any authoring app you use you will have to buy after the trial expires except Nero's. But it does have to be re-installed every month.

You do however need the DVD plugin for NeroVision Express to work. I hadn't thought of that til just now. Do you have it? You have to download and install it seperately.

The DVD tab Rotary is refering to will show up when you choose DVD at the top drop down menu on the startsmart page, and also choose your DVD burner.

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

in the last week i have spofe to 3 people who never used nero and downloaded the nero apps but got to the stage NO DVD PLUGIN DETECTED? now i was of the same opinion as you BigO, but thinking of it i had a separate dvd plugin when i was useing nero v5 apps from download, so everytime i got new version it always worked, due to this plugin being in, but since that i have wiped my hd and i had to install the second serial for the dvd part too!

so not sure really? very confusing?

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

That is the last word I got from Craig with Nero. He said the trial version of NVE 3 will work without purchase. If it's been changed I am not aware. It would have to been changed when they recently changed the trial version downloads from the 1st to the 1st of the month to the 22nd to the 22nd of each month.

I do know that before you always had to have the dvd plugin before NVE 3 would work. I use many of the Nero apps in Ultra 6 quite frequently and talk to Craig periodically to keep up with changes so I can tell newbies. He didn't mention a change in the way NVE 3 works when he told me about the trial changes from the 1st to the 22nd of each month.

14. brett14

brett14 Regular member

i tried to uninstall and reinstall nero and they said i still need the serial number.

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You have to go to the site and re download all the trial packages all over again. Delete all your Nero from your PC 1st. Uninstalling and reinstalling just gives you the same trial you've been using for the past month, which has expired.

16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

umm? not sure if it was for useing nve3 or just nero? as i have burnt files with nero on add dvd video not useing the smart start thing loader? but i have used nve3 and i only recently got nve3?

i cant remember which app asked me now? but it did! if you look at that picture it even says it searched for plugin and its there so its ok! it looks for it on just highlighting the tab for dvd in smart start? so not sure if its part of smart start operation asking for this plugin?

17. brett14

brett14 Regular member

where do i download the DVD PLUGIN? and bigo do u have a aim sn?

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

where do i download the DVD PLUGIN? and bigo do u have a aim sn?

Go to nero's homepage and look for plugins, then look for the dvd plugin and go to the download.

I have no idea what a "aim sn" is.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Rotary, the dvd plugin is only needed on certain operations, and yes Nero will tell you if it has been detected. NVE 3 does require the dvd plugin to operate successfully.

20. brett14

brett14 Regular member

AIM SN= AOL instant messenger screen name..and i unistalled and deleted nero and i reinstalled it and it still says i need a serial