1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help burning ps game

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by seijuro, Nov 25, 2002.

1. seijuro

seijuro Member

ok i downloaded xenogears disk1 from agent newsgroup...and they were in parity set so i used smart par to verify them then extracted the bin/cue...

i open the cue with notepad which reads
    FILE "XENODISK1.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

i dont think nething is wrong with that...so i used alcohol 120 to burn image n chose the playstation burning mode but when it finished burning it didnt work...can sum1 help me plz...thx.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The CUE is perfect (assimung the file name is correct, but it should be otherwise the program would not find the file). I assume you opened it with Alcohol and no error occurred during reading.

Then, I can assume three things:

(1) the .BIN file is corrupt. To ckeck this you could open the file with an emulator (I use ePSXexe)and run it
    (2) your PSX cannot run backups (but you should know you must modify it)
    (3) your PSX does not read 80 min CD and you burned the game on a CD like that.

Tell me if guessed...

3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

PSOne can read 80min CD-R without any problems.

Does it boot at all? Do you see the Playstation logo on a black background.

And please people - it is not very smart to advertise WHERE AND HOW did you get the CD image. This forum doesn't accept piracy of any kind or in any form.

4. seijuro

seijuro Member

i tried vgs playstation emulator and it worked fine on it...
    im a noob at burning ps games can sum1 plz tell me how to do this step by step with clonecd or nething other burning programs plz

and me psx is modify alrdy i have played tons of burned games my friend had but im a noob at this burning bc i jus got a burner n i dont know really wat to do...can sum1 tell me step by step how i burn this correctly with ne kind of burning programs plz..thx

5. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Please Seijuro - write english, instead of ur k3wl n00bi h4x0r c0de. It makes you look stupid.

Your write procedure seems correct - Alcohol writes images ok. Are you using good quality media? What burning speed did you use?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  6. seijuro

seijuro Member

sorry i was write like that its just a habit now when i talk on the net...well when i choose the playstation burning mode i think it selects the speed automatically...i dont think i burned it any faster than 16x.

yeah it is good quality i think because when i ran it with bleem it worked fine.

7. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

-Did it boot at all, or not?
    -The fact that Bleem runs it doesn't mean a thing. With Bleem you use you PCs CD-ROM, not the cheap ass CD-ROM of the PS.

8. seijuro

seijuro Member

it just stayed at the playstation logo screen...i used a maxwell 74min cd n i also tried a couple other psx emulators n it works.

9. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

If you saw the black screen with PS-logo, but the boot doesn't continue from that, then I am betting on media problems.

10. seijuro

seijuro Member

i see....so wat do u suggest i should do...like burn it with a diff program or try wat kind of settings...

11. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Your software is fine.