1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Burning PS2 Backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by darkstar9, Nov 22, 2004.

1. darkstar9

darkstar9 Member

I've tried to burn many backups. I use DVD Decrypter and I burn the DVD-R's at 1x. I use TDK DVD-R 4.7gb 2x.

This is the first time im trying to back up a PS2 Game, i've tried 4 games so far. Suikoden 3, Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 3, and GTA San Andrea's.

I have a NeoKey modchip on a V4 ps2, and all my real ps2 games work.

I use gameshark to boot the disc, i hear it load and i hit X and when then i wait... and wait... and nothing happens. It just stays at the GameShark Start Game screen.

I want to know if im doing something wrong, if i need to move the laser around, if i need to burn differently, and if i need to boot it differently? Please someone help, thank you.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i don't think you can boot dvd backups with a neokey.

3. darkstar9

darkstar9 Member

4. darkstar9

darkstar9 Member

If this wont work, is there a PS2 Swap trick? I remember seeing one a WHILE ago, where you would just pull out the cd tray and put the game in.

But other then that im pretty sure that my ps2 will play those games, i just need to know what im doing wrong.

someone please help

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

6. xiaobao12

xiaobao12 Guest

hello,

can anybody help me? i have no problems playing backups on my PS2. however, the other day, i downloaded and burnt a backup for the first time and when i popped in the disc, i got a screen that said, "please insert a ps1 or ps2 disc" (red smokey screen). did i not burn it correctly? it was a succesful burn (with dvd decrypt) but was i suppose to do something before burning the file, (which was an ISO)?

thanks alot.

7. darkstar9

darkstar9 Member

you need a boot disc or a mod chip. I use SwapMagic 3.3 and the Slide Card.