1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...But Im Not A Complete Newbie.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by c8r9x, Jun 26, 2007.

1. c8r9x

c8r9x Member

Alright, im new here...this is my second post.
    Of course its the "i need help" post.

i have a modded 360 with the ixtreme fw that just came out after the new live bans.

ive been playing back up games on verb. DL dvd's perfectly fine, but would now like to attempt this myself.

i have CloneCD
    i have a .rar file with the .iso file in it
    the drive in my 360 is a Samsung

my questions are...

i know that i need a specific DL DVD writer in order to burn the games, and ive found a link to this one:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...cription=27-129

a question concerning the burner, does it matter which one of those on that page i get? i would rather get the black one, SATA.

the next question is...

what other programs do i need in order to do this?

i appreciate any help i can get, thanks.

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You don't have to buy any particular DVD burner as long as it's a DL burner that can booktype DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM. My Sony DRU810-A has worked perfectly. All you need to do with the .rar files is extract the .iso and burn the .dvd file with CloneCD. Or you can get IMGBurn and just burn the .iso file. But with IMGBurn you need to manually set the layerbreak to 1913760 as all 360 games are that way. Burn with Verbatim DVD+R DL discs at 4x and you're all set.

Now if you want to rip your own games, it's highly suggested to get the Samsung PC DVD-ROM drive that's flashed with kreon .81 firmware.
    With this you don't need to use the 360's drive to rip games. And you can only rip proper stealth patched backups with either of these Samsung drives or the Samsung 360 drive. Hitachi's won't work.

The software you also can use to rip AND burn your games is Xbox-Backup Creator.

3. c8r9x

c8r9x Member

Thanks for the info.

I just don't want to buy something and have it be the wrong set up. That's why I would rather get a set up that someone already has, and has tested so that there is no problems.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

pretty much same as above.
    1. no special burner needed, any dual layer burner should work. But getting one that can booktype is a big plus, and a must for a 360 with a Hitachi drive (personally i use a BenQ DW1655 and it is great)
    2. I always use IMGburn to burn the ISO and it has never failed me.
    3. If you want to copy an original disc you need to go to Ebay and get a Samsung SH-D162C (IDE) or SH-D163A (SATA) DVD-Rom drive flashed with Kreon firmware. With that, Xbox Backup Creator, and a dual layer DVD burner you can back up any original disc with ease. Having one of those drive is BY FAR the easiest way to back up original discs, and it always makes stealth copies so no patching is needed. Make sure you use Xbox Backup Creator V2.4 as V2.5 has a few bugs.
    4. Always use quality media, Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4 to 6X media has worked 100% of the time for me. NOt had one coaster yet.

5. c8r9x

c8r9x Member

If I make a working backup, is it easier to make a copy of the backup instead of starting from scratch with the .iso again?

6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

if you want to make a backup of the backup you can simply do a 1:1 copy of the backup game. but if you leave your ripped game on your computers hard drive you can just reburn it again and again and again.