1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP: Can boot to safe mode, can't boot normally, need help ASAP (XPSP2)

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Pnknjnk, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

Alright, so I was messing around with setFSB on my newish asus eeepc (Best buy of my life, btw) and everyone SAYS using setFSB to get to 900mhz works great. Well this is the second time it's failed, last time it was some wierd file issue but I don't remember what it was and it doesn't get up to that point. I used the recovery console to fix it last time. This time, I CAN boot to safe mode, but I don't know what is stopping a regular boot. I've tried disabling everything using MSconfig, and I've tried messing with everything I can think of.

I'm hoping there is some kind of boot logging option I can turn on so I can quickly troubleshoot this and get it going before work tomarrow. I just want to know where it's halting, SetFSB caused bizarre visual errors, and flashing, and then it wouldn't boot. I'm assuming some dll or system file of some sort got corrupted, I want to know what it is and replace it.

Long story short, is there a way to get a log or a dump of what's halting during boot? Thanks!

EDIT

Um, I think I figured it out. The bootlog is ntlrboot.log or something like that in /windows. This place kinda sucks for help now, I either get called a nub or a retard or my thread doesn't get replies fast enough. *sigh* I think I know the problem, but if I get halted again, I'll edit it in here. Thanks anyways!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  2. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

Try this: Start> Run> type, sfc /scannow, might help to cleans things up a bit.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007