1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Can I update modded 360 with stock firmware?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Josh228, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Josh228

Josh228 Member

Hi I have a modded phat xbox 360 that was banned years ago when xbox banned everybody who had hacked xbox's. I am wondering if I can update the xbox because its just collecting dust. I don't care if it won't be able to play hacked games anymore I just want to play my kinect adventures!!!lol

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

You don't need stock FW to do that. Just download the current dash to a flash drive and update the dash. Flash your drive to LT 3.0

3. fandr78

fandr78 Regular member

I have a question? Today i got my xbox360 updated to LT 3.0 and while he had it,he updated the dash as well. Tonight i hooked everything up and when i connected to Live,it asked me to do an update. Is this one safe to do? Thanks in advance.

4. gnoby

gnoby Regular member

assuming he did update to the current dash- the hard drive you're using wasn't plugged in during the update, so the xbox is updated but the hard drive still needs the avatar items and a few other things from the update stored on it. In this case accepting the update won't actually update anything, it will just copy that info onto the hard drive.

so long story short, check your dash version and if it's current(14699) it's safe to do the update.