1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help can i use this process to change any fw

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gheem, Apr 14, 2007.

1. gheem

gheem Member

elo sir i just saw someone post this in the forum on how to fix a brix psp.

Ok, well your PSP's definitly bricked, but there is a way to fix a bricked PSP! it does require you buy a cable, and i don't know a lot about this. Underneath the battery there is a label, underneath this label is a little hole with 3 pin holes that look like something can be plugged into them. These holes are a direct link to your flash0 and flash1 on your psp (the 'un-accessable' storage of your psp's firmware). Now apparantly you can buy a usb cable that go's from your pc to these pins so that you can access the flash 0 and flash 1 on your pc. Once you have this cable you can just copy a friends flash0 and flash1 files and copy them onto your PSP. Your PSP's firmware should appear identicle to your friends.
    Problem solved.

is this possible? if yes, can i use this to change any fw to whatever fw i want to use?
    can this solve the problem of downgrading?

2. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

if the psp is bricked or you buy a new motherboard or you buy a modchip

but if you have dark alex custom firmware you should be able to acess the recovery menu

3. johard

johard Member

hmmm... this is the first time i've heard of it. well advice from me, don't touch anything you do not know, especially the 3 holes... if you have a custom firmware then you can just use the recovery mode. I also suggest reading posts in this forum and you will be greatly rewarded.

4. gheem

gheem Member

actually my psp is not brick im just wondering if this method is true and if i can used it to my psp 3.11 fw.

if you can put a new fw in the flas using this, then that means u can just change your fw from 3.11 or 3.30 to any fw u want.

5. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Do you really think if that was possible that it wouldn't be fully documented and used already ?