1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Cannot set up port forwarding for the life of me!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by mkkreuk, Mar 1, 2007.

1. mkkreuk

mkkreuk Member

Hey guys, ive scrawled all over the internet (including here) and cannot for the life of me do this port forwarding thing!

Basically, when i go to my router mainpage i cannot find anywhere to input the details for the ports.

portforward.com/ has faqs which say that my router ( which is incidently a Belkin F5D7632-4). They say that i should get the following menu:

[​IMG]

however when i click on firewall>virtual servers, i am instead confronted by this:
    [​IMG].

im confused!

please help somebody! thanks in advance

2. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

Click the link that says "New user defined service." Lets see where that takes us.

portforward.com's tutorial is probably just a little out of date.

3. mkkreuk

mkkreuk Member

thanks for the replay, mate.

clicking on New User-Defined Service gives me this screen:

[​IMG]

and then clickin on New server ports gives me this screen:
    [​IMG]

what shall i do? Can someone give me step by step instructions.

btw am i meant to forward port 6881 or all ports between 6881 and 6889?

4. mkkreuk

mkkreuk Member

can you see the images? On my screen its coming up as a red cross for some reason

In case you cant, clicking on New user defined services gives me a screen with a field where i can enter a "Service Name" and also a link which says "New Server Ports". Clicking on that takes me to another screen which says Protocal and then has a drop down list between TCP or UDP. Underneathe that it says Destination Ports: which has 2 fields for me two fill in and are seperated by a dash (-)

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Those are the ones that need the information. For torrents/p2p you need both TCP and UDP protocols.. the numbers will be the same.

I use this belkin interface on my home built router/firewall. It's good, but not foolproof. After completing the changes you will need ro reboot the router. This can be done by either pressing the button underneath, or from a place in the UI.

This guide should help you no end.. http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F5D7632-4/eMule.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2007
  6. mkkreuk

mkkreuk Member

thanks for that but the problem is that i cant find a screen where i can enter the information like the way shown in the guide!!! Have you seen the images above? That shows my problem

7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

My firmware/UI is an older version.. check all the options.

[​IMG]

8. mkkreuk

mkkreuk Member

still cannot find the menu...