1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Can't burn Cars!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by orion250, Mar 17, 2007.

1. orion250

orion250 Regular member

I posted a few days ago that I couldn't copy Cars and Binkie and PacMan said to rip it with Ripit4me and burn with Imgburn. I installed both and ripped it with Ripit4me. When Dvd Shrink opened after the burn, I closed it.
    Then tried to burn with Sonic RecordNow which I always use with great success and immediately received a message stating the vts files were in the wrong format. I do have Imgburn but haven't installed it yet. I am assuming that when Shrink opened, I should have backed up as an ISO file and then tried to burn, am I right?
    I did watch as Ripit4me cleaned up each vob file after the burn so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. And what exactly is an ISO file anyway? I have always ripped with Dvd Decrypter, use Shrink sometimes, and burned with Sonic RecordNow, or just used DvdXcopy gold for movies that are larger than 1 single layer dvd so I don't lose video quality. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

orion250 ,
    An iso file is just an image file of the DVD. If you had let Shrink open then you could have used ImgBurn to burn the iso that Shrink could have made for you. Re-Open Shrink and process accordingly

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

also orion250 there are quite a few threads on the cars movie if you do a little reading you will see what everyone used to make the backup of this movie, good luck

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Cars is an easy job now. If I didn't include the link to BBmayo's easy pictorial guide I should have.
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/pacman777guide.pdf
    That should take care of any questions. When dealing with heavy copy protection like Sony's ARccOS rip in a File mode and change to ISO later for burning if necessary. I have Nero, so burning in File mode or ISO is optional. Some burner ware, especially the freeware need the ISO. Shrink can output to ISO for burn or ImgBurn can create an ISO for burning. Normally when the files open in Shrink, they're DVD Compliant and should work in any program. The selection to include the Video_TS folder should be checked in preferences. Most programs require IFO, BUP, and VOB files to be in a VIDEO_TS folder.

I forgot to mention, your choice of burning software might be in question. Most of what I've seen of RecordNow shows it for being used for music compilations. Music Audio and DVD Video are different formats.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  5. orion250

orion250 Regular member

I had another movie already on my hard drive and tried to burn with RecordNow and again received the vts bad format error. Used Fixvts to clean the files and then was able to burn with RecordNow with no problems. Also, before using Fixvts, they wouldn't open in Shrink until they were fixed. I am now using Ripit4me (with fixvts included) to rip with, works great! Will try Imgburn for the first time within the next day or so.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

ImgBurn is a good program if you don't need or want all the extras from a suite such as Nero. I use the newer version of Shrink that supports ImgBurn. It will automatically start ImgBurn. The original version of Shrink supports the DVD Decrypter burner ware.

7. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Pacman-

What is the newer version of Shrink that supports Imgburn and where can I get it? I have the Shrink version 3.2.0.15. I used Imgburn for the first time last night and Shrink didn't automatically open Imgburn. I opened it manually and burned the ISO movie files successfully. I guess I have the older version.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

9. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Thank you.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome.