1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, cant copy

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dan2004, Mar 28, 2004.

1. dan2004

dan2004 Member

Hi Guys,
    Firstly, i spend 2 days going through most of the messages and i cant seem to find my answer, but if it is there and i missed it im sorry.

Okay, so Ive got a Pioneer 107 DVD Writer, and my ps2 has a dms3 mod chip, im trying to back up my game collection, im using the dvd decrypt method at 1x speed. Once the disk is burnt, i put it in my PS2, it boots past the blue screen, i then get the Playstation 2 word in white on the black screen, then i goto the screen where i can choose either the Disk or the memory card. If i choose the disk, it just comes back to this screen.

Please can someone suggest where im going wrong?

Thanks

Dan

2. hunter929

hunter929 Member

has it ever worked before? what type of media are you using? do originals work? what games have you tried? check to see if the pioneer needs any type of update for the media?

3. mr_nasty

mr_nasty Member

The mod on you ps2 aint working, because theses are the easy steps to make it work

1.put original game in dvdr burner.
    2.open dvd decrypter
    3.Go to ISO read and rip it to you Hard drive
    4.Change mode to ISO write.
    5.Grab the .ISO from where you save it from.
    6.Burn the game
    7.The game should be now good to play.

if these steps dont work probably you chip is not installed properly or its just not working.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2004
  4. dan2004

dan2004 Member

Thanks guys, But My PS2 plays older backups fine, also if i copy one of my older backups using my pioneer and the media ive got that works fine too.

It seems to be newer games like 007 everything or nothing or Tomb raider Angel of darkness.

Also using the hardware already stated, i can successfully backup my DVD films, so I dont believe there is a problem with either my PC hardware or my PS2 Modchip.

I wondered if there is any extra encryption on newers games?

Please help me if you can,

And thanks again

Dan

5. Grovesy

Grovesy Member

i have the same problem dan2004 its definately not the dvd writer or the software you use i have backed up my tekken 4 game and it works fine. When i try to back up my new games e.g 007 everything or nothing,it goes blank after the language selection screen. i presume that new games must need a patch or something extra done to them, can any1 help us please!!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]GrOvEs[/small]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2004