1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP cant play some ISO's on my 3.40 oe-a psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sat165, May 14, 2007.

1. sat165

sat165 Member

no matter what ive tried so far, i cant get tony hawks project 8 or gta vice city stories to properly boot up. i have a 3.40 oe-a psp.

in other forums people are saying they got their tony hawks iso to work with devhook 0.4 for 2.71.... i didnt think i would need devhook seeing as i have th custom firmware.

at the momoent when i go to game>memory stick i can see the mini clip for gta and tony hawks. but when i start gta the screen goes black, and when i start tony hawks the screen goes to the tony hawks project 8 screen, freezes and then psp turns off. no-umd has already been enabled.

ive got other iso's to work fine, just these 2 so far.

anyone know what to do?

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Disable the No UMD-Mode. Put a UMD game in your PSP.

Then put the Tony Hawk ISO and GTA in the ISO folder. You don't play them from the GAME folder.

3. sat165

sat165 Member

yeah i didnt put them in the game folder i think i made a mistake in my post. the games are already in the ISO folder. but ok i will try that, will have to find a umd to use! i didnt think it would make a difference on 3.40 oe-a whether you had a umd in the psp or not, as long as you enabled no-umd.

thanks

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  4. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Only a couple of games work with No-UMD mode enabled. If you have a Game UMD in your PSP + No UMD enabled, you will still run into the same problem for some games.

So just have a game UMD and No-UMD Mode disabled.

5. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

10 / 10 . succinct and to the point .play em with it .can`t have it all in a day .sticky your answer .save a lot of time

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

What are you trying to say?

7. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

is it not easier to play all iso with a umd in .instead of trying to play without .a list of all with /without would be handy .

anybody got one

8. sat165

sat165 Member

cheers mate worked with my psp demo disc in the umd

9. chibiyao

chibiyao Member

Hi, its my first time to post up message, anyway, I got psp 3.40 oe-a from 3.03 oe-c, I could play ff7,8 on 3.03, but when I upgraded, I can't play these games anymore, when i try, it says that "the game could not be started 80000004". Am I missing some programs? I can play iso files fine, I need help to play eboot games ><

10. atmel1000

atmel1000 Member

Try booting to the control panel and see if you are able to go to the configuration section. Let me know if you can. I have 6 psp's and 1 that doesnt work with some games cant do that. I think it may be a bad install. I might try downgrading and upgrading again.

11. atmel1000

atmel1000 Member

Ok here is the answer. Do this and your iso's will work.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1830

If you are having problems with the configuration menu like when you go into it it is just a blank screen you can do this. This is a different and quicker method than using the flash1 formatter.

1. Plug your psp into your computer via usb cable

2. Go into recovery mode by holding the R button when turning on your psp.

3. Go into advanced and then Toggle USB (flash1)

4. Delete config.se from flash1.

And there you go, configuration mode should work. If you are having any problems post below.

12. chibiyao

chibiyao Member

I have no idea with the configuration.. when I press on it, it will turn off itself after 6 seconds or so, I dont know why it used to work with 3.03oe-c, I downgraded from 3.40 and re-install 3.03oe-c, it still doesn't work. It is really frustrating.. well, please someone help. by the way, my psp is 1.5, are there anything else I have to download to play eboot files?

13. chibiyao

chibiyao Member

THANKS A LOT atmel1000 !!!!!!!!!!!
    it took me a while to figure it out.. since I'm still new with upgrading.. god, I was so pissed of with my psp ..haha, but its working so well now, thanks alot for the help !!

14. fnixirix

fnixirix Member

u can play ff7, ff8 now in firmware 3.40?? or 3.10??
    and tell us ... what u did...
    hehe curious, need to know here

15. chibiyao

chibiyao Member

I just followed what atmel1000 said to go to configuration, I didn't know which one to enabled, so I tried enabling eboot file autorun. afterwards, my psp is reading eboot files fine. of course it still problems with ff 7 and 8.. they stop sometimes at some certain scenes.. I have problem with ff8 on disc 2.. fighitng with cerbres(?) the three headed dogs.. whenever he casts triples, the screen freezes.. ff7, still on fisrt disc, but no problem at this point, I'm using 3.30a' now.

16. demonn666

demonn666 Member

i got a jap psp 1.5 firmware and have upgraded to 3.40 oe-a and when i try to play a iso game i get '' 8002014c''. is there anything i am missing or need to add to the folders to help me play my games? and anoter this is the game boot, when i added one correctly it didnt show up, jus the psp white screen, no noise nothing, anything missing ? please help ;)

thanks

17. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Did you try this?

18. loic54

loic54 Member

Dude, thank you so much.

19. omexus

omexus Member

Hi people how do you change to umd mode for CF 3.40OE ? as some games dont work with the UMD mode disabled. much appreciated

20. Sahalin

Sahalin Member

Dear God, It feels like another jesus has came to save the day!

Thank you so much