1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP !!! Can't read burnt disk on any DVD players

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Shade527, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Shade527

Shade527 Member

I just bought a Memorex Dual +/- Recorder with Nero 6 softwear. I have tried burning onto both a +R & -R disk but neither will play in any of my DVD players. They do not work on my Windows 98 desktop either, but they do play on my XP laptop as a DVD.

This is my first time burning DVDs. Am I doing something wrong?

2. speed999

speed999 Member

your gonna have to be a little more specific before I can answer that question about what exactly you did to burn your movie.

3. Shade527

Shade527 Member

Well, where should I start?

I'm on a Win98 platform using Nero6 softwear. The drive and the softwear keep hanging up on the computer, but I have been able to burn 2 disks.

I had an WMV file which I tried buring as a test since it was only a few minuites long.

The softwear apprears to run successfully and finish the burn on both the +R and -R disk. There is evidence of the burn on the disks but it is not read by any stand alone DVD players in my house or by my DVD drive on my desktop. My laptop however does play the DVD.

Any ideas?