1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help, cd drive won't open.!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kipod1234, Apr 5, 2007.

1. kipod1234

kipod1234 Member

k so 2 days ago i downloaded a lot of songs from limewire..anyways
    tht night my computer started making weird noises like a lot and my light thing on my ccomp that says its "thinking" is always on..
    so i turned off my comp to let it "rest" and now [i dont know if this was before i turned off my computer too] my CD-ROM drive wont open...like the place were i puts cds...and i have a cd in there...i tried opening it from the button on my keyboard and the button next to the drive--its not working...
    i dont know what to do =[
    HELP!

2. silverbal

silverbal Member

You should be able to open your drawer. The "door" should have a small hole in the front.Take a piece of slim wire and push gently into the hole,the drawer should open. Take out whatever disc is in there and close the drawer.Check the disc for damsage,maybe the noises were from an incorrectly loaded disc.
    I don't know if the music files are at fault,maybe there was a virus attached,anyway,dump the downloaded files,if you cannot use your burner to copy them to a cd.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I get faulty discs stuck quite often.. a linux thing I won't bore you with..

My way to get them out is easier than manually force ejecting the drawer (which I don't like doing unless).. Try this.. reboot and while the bios screen is up just press the eject button on the drive.. That usually does the trick.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum & title edited