1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP CD UPGRADE RUINED MY Wii!!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by lirva, Sep 18, 2007.

1. lirva

lirva Member

Ok lets save time and the people who want to reply with hate mail! :) I already know I'm a big idiot but please someone help if they know what to do.... I have a wii thats at version 2.2U and has never connected to the internet far as I know. I bought it used. Well I decided to try "big brain acadamy which happened to be a PAL disc. My Wii is of course NTSC living in USA! I decided to try it anyway, just to see what happened. I went to the game channel and it said it needed to update the wii... Against my better judgement I clicked OK...DUM DUM DUM DUM here it comes......
    Well it finished the update and said everything was fine, then it seemed to reboot itself.. except when it did it comes up with a white screen that says " you tried to access address marc: \fix\US\ENG\country\US_country_flame.html which is currently unavailable. Please check the adress (URL) and make sure it is punctuated correctly. yada yada" and at the bottom there are help links but I can't click on them.. I can see the remote hand move around the screen but thats all it does....... no matter what I do. tried taking out the battery and leaving it :( I can't send it off to nintendo as it was bought used and I repaired it inside! its worked fine ever since. until I did the retarded CD UPDATE. any ideas?... anyone?!... my son is mad at me now! :)

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

3. Mark187

Mark187 Regular member

Probably not, as what he is describing sounds like a full brick.

Op = Screwed, and to top it off, if you buy a new Wii, chances are it'll be an unmoddable D2C chipset.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  4. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

good point

5. lirva

lirva Member

thanks guys ya I see now from the other posts that this would be considered fully bricked! damnit!!!! stupid ass big brain acadamy.... Who makes a console that can get ruined by putting in the wrong game?! seems really ridiculous if you ask me! now I wonder if nintendo would fix it if I cleaned everythig up inside.... :( also I wonder If I could get it to boot with a different dvd drive in it temporarily then flash it back since I heard the other region updates may actually be flashing the dvd drive chip itself along with the firmware. . or if you could hot swap a dvd drive..... tonce its booted to get it to update the f'ed up drive.... anyone ever tried such a procedure?....

6. neoweapon

neoweapon Member

It is totally not Nintendo's fault for making the wii brickable. If a modchip was not inside the wii, it would not be able to play games from other regions, therefore, the update would not have occured. On the other hand, if you install your modchip and updated without reading everything that could happen to your wii, it's your fault buddy. But if if you bought it used and didn't know bout this, you best blame the seller.

7. estoyloco

estoyloco Member

They didn't make the console that can be ruined by putting in the wrong game... It's the mod that did it.
    Without mod = no booting of other region games.

8. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

hows about laying blame where it belongs

Saying, "Stupid lirva for updating without reading first" would be a more appropriate response.

9. lirva

lirva Member

and just as I expected... the hate mail begins!... why is it that 80% of these forums end up with some guy that wants to sit at his computer halfway around the country and make himself feel better by telling someone else how "STUPID" they are instead of being helpful to the problem?! I guess since I bought the unit used and didn't know better that makes me stupid.. STUPID? or Ignorant?!
    I'm sorry I missed the giant sign in the sky that said EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD WHO OWNS A WII LISTEN UP DON'T PUT IN A DISC FROM ANOTHER REGION OR YOUR WII GETS SCREWED!! I must have been under my rock that day becasue it seems EVERYBODY in the whole wide world knows not to do that! but its funny I'm not the only STUPID person in the world that didn't get the memo... as I see many other similar posts...
    I wasn't blaming nintendo for the bad flash!! all I'm saying is it seems pretty strange that in 2007 they release a console that requires constant updates with absolutely no failsafe against a bad flash,, even simple cheap devices such as the DMS mods for the ps2 had failsafes to prevent bad flashes from ruining your chip. all you had to do was press reset a few times on boot and it would return to the original firmware... how hard is that?! probably cost about 10 cents for the extra chip in the realm of mass production...
    lets say for instance that you are flashing the console with the proper region DVD and all the sudden the power goes out or the disc has a bad sector, or the unit feels like glitching. I mean come on. Its not like using the wrong region is the ONLY thing in the world that can go wrong with a flash chip... and to put in a failsafe method of recovery seems obvious, but whatever....I forgot I'm STUPID ... these here electronomics arem above us simpletn folk, duh don't undermstand how they put them pretty colours in the... the ... duh whats its called?>.. them thingys on the wall that we be watching when we be playijng??? oh ya the telemision.... DUUUUUH

Kafluke in the begginning you were very helpful, I followed the link and found the information I was looking for. Not sure why you felt the need to come back and put your two cents in telling me how stupid I am... were you picked on as a child?. Did you miss the first line of the post? I'll repeat it here in case you missed it pal
    LETS SAVE TIME AND PTHE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO REPLY WITH HATE MAIL...

maybe

"Ignorant lirva for updating without reading first" would be a more appropriate response.

10. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Moreover his response to you was agressive, because your post seemed to blame nintendo, and you were agressive towards them for making a console that would so easily be bricked.. however the answer is that it isn't easily bricked, unless you modify it.... So you were aggressive towards them putting the blame on Nintendo, and yet it isn't their fault.

11. neoweapon

neoweapon Member

12. lirva

lirva Member

no worries the wii is fixed now ... thanks to everyone in the start that wanted to help..

13. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I wasn't going to say anything until I read this post. I was trying to help you in the beginning before you went off on nintendo. Your arguments holds no water! Thats just like saying, "Who makes a car that will break down if you put diesel gas in your car? Where's the big sign in the sky that says, DON'T PUT DIESEL GAS IN YOUR CAR? I must be the only stupid person in the world that didn't get that memo!"

Putting a disc from another part of the world into your console that was made to run programs from your part of the world and then running an update from that disc?... Are you really going to attempt to argue that point?

From Webster dictionary:

Main Entry: common sense
    Function: noun
    : sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts

14. neoweapon

neoweapon Member

hahahahah OWNED.

15. Menion

Menion Regular member

lirva, great to hear you fixed the console, looked like most of the people considered that to be a full brick, What exactly did you do to get that wii running again?