1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help connecting component to hdmi or dvi monitor

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by saulat_99, Jan 20, 2012.

1. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

Just got my new monitor which is going to serve as my TV. I am running into a problem. I need to hook up my xbox 360 component cables to the monitor which only had DVI, HDMI, and VGA. I want HD so that rules out VGA. I also have a receiver with component and HDMI inputs and outputs, unfortunately it only outputs HDMI from HDMI. Is my only option a converter box? They are more than I want to pay right now and I don't want to wait but it seems that is my only option. Anyone know of a way I can get the video to the monitor? Thanks for any help.

(Also heard a TV tuner card for my PC but not sure this is any better of an option)

2. palwill

palwill Regular member

im guessing you dont have an xbox with hdmi, you could try a av to hdmi cable made for xbox's

http://www.google.com/products/cata...ei=VtYaT6HnF9GaOquNja8L&sqi=2&ved=0CFgQ8wIwAA

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  3. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

I picked this up today, it should let me do my xbox and Wii. My only question is would I be better off with a box that outputs hdmi? My xbox does not have hdmi, only component out. My monitor max resolution is 1920 x 1080 which this will output through VGA. Below is a link to the item I bought, the grandtec video II.

http://www.grandtec.com/products/v2v/overview.jpg

4. palwill

palwill Regular member

that should work fine.