1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help connecting my tv to pc

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by themusic, May 18, 2007.

1. themusic

themusic Member

hi if this is in the wrong section sorry,im struggling to read the screen, i bought a samsung 40 inch lcd tv to connect to ny pc, i bought a pc imput cable and followed the settings in the tv manual but it works fine up until the windows log in screen then the tv screen goes black.

i am currently using a scart cable from the tv into my pc as it has a scart socket in the pc but its very blurry, does anyone know what the problem could be as all the boot up screens show but not the log in screen or desktop.

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Well if you using the tv screen and another monitor, I think I know what the problem. When you have a second monitor setup like this what will happen when you start up is that the windows screen will display, pretty much just indicates that everything is hooked up and working. Once you get to the login you need to login and then you need to go to the display settings and extend windows onto the second monitor.