1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP connection dies when using bittorrent

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Kishin, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Kishin

Kishin Member

hey guys, i've been having trouble using bittorrent for the last few days and i've tried everything i could find on the internet.

the problem: after using starting a torrent for a couple minutes, my connection dies, leaving me unable to download, browse the internet, or even connect to my router settings. it's not that my connection is slow... it's that bittorrent causes the connection to completely drop. the connection icon in the tray shows that i am still connected to the network but i'm not. when i try to disable the network adapter or repair the connection, it'll say "disabling the wireless network adapter" and stay that way forever. even manually removing the network device does not help, the only thing i can do is reboot my computer. this happens EVERY time i try to use bittorrent. i am almost certain it's not a problem with my router/modem because all other computers on my network are still able to use the internet when this happens. i do have a firewall installed but i am certain it's not a firewall problem since i noticed this problem BEFORE installing any firewall/anti-virus software.

i have already adjusted the port settings on my router and optimized my tcp/torrent settings but still no luck. i have no idea what it could be!

using:
    windows xp pro sp2
    linksys wireless-g broadband router (WRT54G)
    d-link dwl-120+ wireless adaptor

any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Heres a answer I posted in a similar thread....

I'm not quite sure about the answer to your problem. But here are some suggestions...
    1)torrent(s) overloading network
    2)bad router
    3)your isp could be doing this, i doubt it but its a possibility.

And also its best to use a Linksys wireless adapter for a Linksys router. Your combo of D-Link and Linksys could be giving you issues.